FRIDAY • Family Playtime at the Webber Road Community Centre at 2829 Inverness Rd. from 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. for children newborn to five years with a parent or caregiver. Drop in for social interaction with other parents, playtime for children and enjoy lunch together. Activities may include a craft, gym time and circle time with stories and songs. Free. Call 250-768-3049 for more information.
• Parent-Child Mother Goose program from 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at the Westbank Library meeting room 31-2484 Main St. in the Westridge Mall. Parents can enjoy rhymes, songs, stories and play time with their preschool children. This program continues weekly until Dec. 15. To register or for more information, call Sheree at 250-7624476.
• Lego Club meets from 3 to 4 p.m. in the Children’s Storytime area at the Peachland Library at 40 Peachland Village Mall.
• Peachland Community Arts Council presents An Evening with Sharron Simpson, Historian and Storyteller at the Peachland Art Gallery at 7 p.m. Simpson, author of The Kelowna Story: An Okanagan History and other works, will be reading stories that describe Kelowna's heartbeat from pre-birth to the present. Discussion will follow. For any budding writers who might be in the audience, Simpson is prepared if questioned to talk about pre-publication. Refreshments will be served. There are 50 free tickets for this event. Call the Peachland Art Gallery at 250767-7422 to pick up your ticket at the gallery.
MONDAY • Badminton for ages 14 and over from 7:30 to 9:30 p.m. at the Mount Boucherie Secondary School Gym. Drop in costs 2. Call the City of West Kelowna Recreation at 778-797-8800 for more information.
• Family Playtime at the Webber Road Community Centre at 2829 Inverness Rd. from 10 a.m. to noon for children newborn to five years with a parent or caregiver. Drop in for social interaction with other parents and playtime for children. Activities may include a craft, gym time and circle time with stories and songs. Free. Call 250-768-3049 for more information.
• Self-Management And Recovery Training Recovery meeting 7 p.m. at the Westbank Lions Community Hall. SMART Recovery's four-point program helps people recover from all types of addictive behaviours, including alcoholism, drug abuse, substance abuse, drug addiction, alcohol abuse, gambling addiction, cocaine addiction and addiction to other substances and activities. Meetings are free, confidential and last for about an hour.
• The Mah Jong group meets at the Westbank Library at 31-2484 Main St. in the Westridge Mall from 1 to 4 p.m. This group is for beginner players. Free. Call Louise McIntosh at 250-575-0798 to let the group know you are coming.
• The Granny Squares meet at the Westbank Library at 31-2484 Main St. in the Westridge Mall from 1 to 3:30 p.m. Drop in and meet new friends while doing activities such as knitting, crocheting, cross-stitching or doing needle-point. Some supplies will be available. All abilities welcome.
TUESDAY • Tracks Walking Club meets at Gellatly Nut Farm Regional Park at 9 a.m. Free beginner walking program. Members receive a walking journal, walking tips, seminars and motivational tips. Participants at a beginner fitness level are encouraged to take part gradually increasing their health, stamina and walking duration to 60 minutes. Tracks is recognized as a B.C. Heart and Stroke Foundation Hearts in Motion walking club. To register, email firstname.lastname@example.org. ca, phone 250469-6139 or drop by.
WEDNESDAY • Discover Collage at the Westbank Library with Lorraine Robinson. Find your creative side while tearing, cutting, and pasting interesting images to make your own piece of art. Supplies provided. Register by calling the library at 250-768-4369, going online orl.bc.ca or dropping by the library at 31-2484 Main St in the Westridge Mall.