Care­less smok­ing leads to apart­ment fire

The Hamilton Spectator - - LOCAL -

A po­lice of­fi­cer was treated in hos­pi­tal for pos­si­ble smoke in­hala­tion af­ter a fire on Hugh­son Street North Satur­day morn­ing that caused $30,000 in dam­age. The Hamil­ton Fire De­part­ment said the blaze be­gan on the bal­cony of a sev­en­th­floor unit at 195 Hugh­son St. N. and ex­tended into the apart­ment. No other units in the build­ing were dam­aged, said de­part­ment spokesper­son Clau­dio Mostacci. The cause of the fire was at­trib­uted to “care­less dis­posal of smoker’s ma­te­rial from an up­per-floor bal­cony which ig­nited com­bustible items.”

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from Canada

© PressReader. All rights reserved.