Blue Cross Animal Hospital celebrating renovation and expansion
FOR THE RECORD
The Blue Cross Animal Hospital has completed a major renovation and expansion.
The hospital now includes six treatment rooms, an operating theatre and updated diagnostic equipment.
A ribbon-cutting ceremony is being held July 8 at 1 p.m. followed by an open house.
Built in 1934, Blue Cross — at 612 King St. W. — is Canada’s first purpose-built animal hospital. Founder Dr. Jean Rumney was one of the first female veterinarians in Canada to graduate from Guelph’s Ontario Veterinary College.