■ IN KINGS COUNTY
- Savation Army Kentville Community Church (Kentville/New Minas Council of Churches), various times. Bring ID for each person in the household and proof of income for all over 18. For information call 902-678-2039
- 7 p.m., at the Berwick Legion. Team play $10 per player, includes high hand, 50/50, cash prizes and an ongoing cookie jar.
- at the Port Williams United Baptist Church (last luncheon until January) 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. in Lockwood Hall, $8. Sponsored by the Loyal Workers of PWUBC
– held by Waterville and District Volunteer Fire Department Auxiliary, 7 p.m. at the Waterville Fire Hall, Country Home Road, Cambridge. $5 per person
- lottery draw takes place every Tuesday. Get your number for life today.
- 7 p.m. at the Berwick Legion. Round robin format, $3 to play, cash prize to winner and an ongoing cookie jar.
- St. Mary’s Anglican Church, 3:30-6 p.m. at Aylesford Fire Hall, $7 per person. Turkey salad plate and assorted sweets, table of home baking, gift table and more
– Wednesdays, 9:30–11 a.m., 106 Greenwich Rd. (across form Noggin’s Corner Farm) Freewill donation, proceeds for community hall
– Wednesdays, 5-8 p.m., at the Wolfville Lions Club, 36 Elm Ave. Have a burger from our grill or play cards with friends. Kingsport. Freewill offering. Bake table also available.
- 4:30–6 p.m. at the Harmony Hall. Adults $10
- meet at the Ultramar on Park Street, Kentville. Registration begins at 9:30 a.m. for walking at 10 a.m. This is a 5/10km, 1B walk. For more info: 902678-5609
– at the Black River Community Hall, 989 Deep Hollow Rd., held the first and third Saturdays of the month. Ticket sales are from 6 to 7:45 p.m. with the draw at 8 p.m. Three tickets for $5. Canteen available.
- tickets sales will be available every Saturday at the R.C.L. Branch #098 Kingston until winning jackpot number is drawn. Ticket are three for $5, sold from 1-3 p.m.. with draw at 3:30 p.m. Must be over 19 years of age to purchase tickets.
- Kentville Legion Ladies Auxiliary Crib Tournament, registration 12:30 p.m., play at 1 p.m. upstairs, $20 per team. Lunch served compliments of the ladies
- Wolfville and District Lions Club, 36 Elm Ave., 7-10 a.m. $7 for adults and $4 for children under 10.
– at the Tremont Cemetery. Fall leaf raking at the New Tremont Cemeteries (754 Tremont Mtn Rd.), 9 a.m. to noon. All hands welcome, great family activity. 902765-2642 Raindate Nov. 25.
- 10 a.m.-3p.m., at the Forties Community Centre, Forties New Ross. Assortment of crafts and vendors, free admission. Canteen available.
– 2-4 p.m. at the Wolfville Ridge Baptist Church. Bake table, craft table and touch and buy table.
- Wolfville Baptist Church, 2 p.m. Freewill offering, fresh Yuletide evergreen wreaths and Christmas arrangements. Buy all of your Christmas baking, crafts, jewelry, and pre-loved treasures.
- 9:30 a.m.–1 p.m., 110 Mill St., Berwick. Freewill offering
- 2-4 p.m. at the Canaan Hall, Canaan Mountain. Crafts, bake table and door prize. Freewill donation for hall upkeep
- 9 p.m. $8 per person, 19 and older. Bar and ktitchen available. Music by Big Deal
– held by Lola B. Eaton Auxiliary of the Pereaux Baptist Church, 2-4 p.m. in the church vestry. Doors open at 1:30 p.m. Bake table and silent auction. Adults $7; children 12 and under $3.50; under five free.
– held by Military Family Business Group, 9 a.m.–3 p.m. at the Annapolis Mess. Admission is free. Santa will be there for photos and a ticket auction
- at the Windermere Community Hall (402 Windermere Road) 9 a.m. – 2 p.m. Many tables of festive and new to you items. Free admission.
- doors open at 6 p.m., dinner served 6:30 p.m., at the Kings Presbyterian Church, Prospect Road, New Minas. $20 per person, $10 children 12 & under. Info: 902-681-1333 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 11:30 a.m.–2 p.m. at the First Cornwallis Baptist Church, Middle Dyke Road, Upper Canard. Adults $8, ages five–12 $4. Door prizes, bake/craft table and white elephant table, wheelchair accesible
– held by the Emerald Aisle Association at the Berwick legion, 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Admission is $2. All homemade items. 50/50, door prize, snack canteen available. Proceeds to street missions in the province.
- at the Wolfville Ridge Baptist Church at 7 p.m., with special guests Sweet Soul. A time for fellowship and refreshment to follow.
-7 p.m. at the St. James Anglican Church in Kentville. Freewill offering at the door. For more information contact Chris at 902-678-8865 or email at email@example.com
– every Sunday, 2:30 p.m., at the Forest Hill Baptist Church, except the fourth Sunday which is the Hymn Sing evening
- live auction and entertainment, 7 p.m. at the Bethany Memorial Church, Christain Education Centre, Aldershot Road, Kentville. Freewill offering
- at the Waterville Fire Hall, 11 a.m.–2 p.m. Proceeds got to dance Conxion Emerald Dance Troupe. Canteen available
– 7 p.m., Berwick legion. Team play, $10 per player, includes high hand, 50/50, cash prizes and an ongoing cookie jar.
- 7 p.m. at the Berwick Legion. Round robin format, $3 to play, cash prize to winner and an ongoing cookie jar.
- 12–1 p.m. at Kingston United Church, 733 Main St. Must have your health card.
- 5:30–6 p.m.at the Berwick & District Lion’s Hall, $30. Advanced tickets only, half chicken as alternate. Sponsored by Berwick United Church. Tickets: Anne, 902-538-0703
- and supper, 5 p.m. Berwick legion. Tickets three for $5
- Hillsburn performs at Horton High School Performance Centre. Doors open at 6 p.m., general seating, opening act 6:30 p.m. Tickets $15, available at Scotia Bank Windsor, Kentville FYI doctors, Wolfville & New Minas Wild Lily, Wolfville
- 4:30–6:30 p.m. at Christ Church Anglican Hall, Berwick, in support of Dream Team 2018, a group of high school students going to the Dominican Republic to build a home for a family in need. Silent Auction as well. Freewill offering. Takeout available.
- at Aylesford Fire Hall, 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Proceeds to Children’s Wish Foundation. Canteen, 50/50 draw, touch and take and grocery hamper draw.
- St. John’s ACW, 10 a.m.-12 p.m. $5. Anglican church, 164 Main St., Wolfville. Baking, fancy work, plum puddings. Storm date: Nov. 26, 2–4 p.m.
– held by South Berwick Women’s Institute, 11:30 a.m.–1 p.m. at the South Berwick community hall. Door prize, bake table, touch and take table. Adults $10, children $5, under five free.
— Stops in Brooklyn, Hants County, from 11 a.m. until noon; Summerville from 1:30–4:30 p.m.
— At Newport and District rink from 5-8 p.m., and again on Nov. 18 from 10 a.m. to noon. All registration will be at the rink and will be ongoing. Skating session begins Nov. 22 at the Newport rink. Info: www.riverviewskatingclub.weebly.com; email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
— At the Royal Canadian Legion, Windsor Branch
009, at 7:30 p.m. New members always welcome. Info: 902-798-0888.
— At the Windsor Regional Library from 2-4 p.m. Enjoy easy listening entertainment provided by local musicians while you read, browse, do a puzzle or just relax. Light refreshments available.
— At Dykeland Lodge, 124 Cottage St. in Windsor, from 1-4 p.m. Free admission.
— At the Royal Canadian Legion, Windsor Branch 009, from 7-11 p.m. featuring The Rob Brown Trio. Admission: $5; adults only. Info: 902-798-0888.
— Hosted by the Royal Canadian Legion Hants County Branch 009 and the Navy Cadets of Canada. From 7:3010 a.m. Cost: $6 for adults; $4 for children age six to 12 years; free for children five years and under. Takeout available. Info: 902-798-0888.
— At the Southwest Hants Fire Hall from 8-10 a.m. Cost: $7 for adults; $3.50 for children. Proceeds raised go to the auxiliary. For info, contact Ella Levy: 902-798-3470.
— At the Hantsport Baptist Church from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. featuring chicken salad, potato salad, coleslaw, dessert and beverage. Cost: $10 for adults, $5 for children 12 years and under. There will be a pantry table, crafts and knitting. — At the Ardoise Community Centre from 8-10 a.m. on Nov. 19. Cost: $5. Info or to register: 902-757-2900.
— At Christ Church (Anglican) Parish Hall, 7 Wentworth St., Windsor from 4:30 -6 p.m. Ham, potatoes, veggies, coleslaw, roll, gingerbread/spice cake, cider, tea and coffee. Eat in or take out. Cost: $10 for adults, $8 for children, $30 for a family $30. Info; 902-790-6173.
— At Three Mile Plains Community Hall from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Free Admission. Wide variety, canteen on site, tickets on a mesh wreath and centerpiece, and a 50/50 draw with proceeds being donated back to the
— At the Mount Uniacke Legion. This is the annual fundraising dinner and auction. Dinner will be held at 5:30 p.m. Tickets for the dinner can be purchased at Uniacke Pharmacy for $12 each. The auction will start at 7:30 p.m. with auctioneer Laurie Parker. There will be ticket draws and a 50/50 draw. Legion bar will be open for refreshments.
— At 50 Main St. in Hantsport at 2 p.m. There will be an unveiling ceremony outside.
— At the Mount Uniacke Legion at noon. There will be ticket draws and a live auction. Santa will pay a visit with gifts for all the children at 1 p.m. There will be a canteen open for food and refreshments.
— At the Isabel and Roy Jodrey Memorial Library, in Hantsport, from 6:30-8 p.m. Celebrate Picture Book Month. In-house picture book expert Angela
— Held Nov. 23-26. Kick off your Christmas season in the historic village of Maitland. Enjoy caroling, crafts, music, food and more in a beautiful Victorian setting. For more details visit: www.facebook.com/MaitlandChristmasFestival.
— At the Royal Canadian Legion, Windsor Branch 009, from 7-11 p.m. Route 12 will be playing. Cost: $5; adults only. Info: 902-798-0888.
— At Ardoise Community Centre from 7:309:30pm. Open to students in Grades 2-5. Cost: $3. Canteen open.
– The Rainbow Gift Shop at the Hants Community Hospital from will be open from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. All merchandise in the shop will be 20 per off. All proceeds go towards the purchase of hospital equipment.
— At the Windsor Elms Village, 174 Dyke Rd., Falmouth, from 1-4 p.m. If you are interested in setting up a table contact Beth House at 902-472-3654 or email@example.com.
— This is the annual “O, Christmas Tree” and chicken a la king luncheon at the Avon United Church, 17 Prince St., Hantsport, from 11 a.m. until 1:30 p.m. There will be a pantry table, jams and jellies, white elephant finds and a craft table. Cost: $10, adults; $5, children. Takeout available for pick up only.
— At the Southwest Hants Firehall, 1884 Hwy. 14, Vaughans. Doors open at 5:30 p.m. Refreshments provided. Santa has been contacted and is expected to be there.
— At Ellershouse Community Hall, 429 Ellershouse Rd., from 8-10:30 a.m. Features ham, bacon, sausage, eggs, pancakes, beans and brown bread, home fries, toast, juice, tea and coffee. Freewill offering accepted. Sponsored by the Ste. Croix Pastoral Charge. Info: 902-757-2221.
— From 7:30-9:30 a.m. at the Hants Count War Memorial Community Centre, Downstairs – Room 4 – in the Lions Den. Presented by Windsor and District Lions Club. Cost: $7.
— This will be held Nov. 29 at the Royal Canadian Legion in Windsor and again on Nov. 30 at the Mt. Uniacke Fire Hall from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m. This fall prevention workshop is presented by the Hants County Senior Safety Association in partnership with Community Links Ageing Well Together and West Hants/Uniacke Community Health Board. Catered lunch provided. Bring your mobility devices with you. To register, call 902-798-7173 by Nov. 24.
— At the Windsor Regional Library from 4-6 p.m. Use exciting new technology to make rare items more available. You’ll learn how a 3D replicator will scan a historical artifact, then print it with a 3D printer. We’ll show you how to do some post-production work to allow a replica of an object to be put on display to the public while preserving the original. You will do the finish work on a small item to take with you. Info: valleylibrary.ca or 902-798-5424. • Christmas Craft and Vendor Sale — At the Southwest Hants Fire Hall, 1884 Hwy. 14 in Vaughans, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Admission: $2.