CAULIFLOWER WITH SESAME DRIZZLE
1 large (1 3/4 lb/794 g) head cauliflower (or substitute the same amount of broccoli heads) 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
2 tbsp (30 mL) untoasted sesame seeds (optional)
2 tbsp (30 mL) soy sauce
1 tbsp (15 mL) toasted sesame oil
1 tsp (5 mL) honey
1 tsp (5 mL) Sriracha sauce
1. Preheat the oven to 400 F (205 C). Cut the cauliflower into florets. Place the cauliflower on a rimmed baking sheet and drizzle with the olive oil.
2. Toss well and then sprinkle with salt and pepper.
3. Roast for about 25 minutes, until crisp-tender and browned at the edges.
4. Meanwhile, if you are using the sesame seeds, heat a skillet over medium heat.
5. Add the sesame seeds and stir frequently for about 1 or 2 minutes until they start to become golden. Don’t let them get too brown. Transfer them to a plate.
6. In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, sesame oil, honey and Sriracha sauce.
7. When the cauliflower is roasted, transfer it to a serving platter and drizzle the sauce over it (or pass the sauce on the side for everyone to drizzle over their own portion). Sprinkle the top with sesame seeds, if desired, and serve hot or warm.