Do You Make Your Friends Jealous?
1. You and your new man are meeting your single friend for brunch. At the table, you and he act:
Like you normally would together, but nothing gag-worthy.
More reserved than usual, so you give off the group-hang vibe.
Kinda cutesy, since it’s hard to keep new-couple sparks under wraps.
2. At work on Monday morning, your colleague asks how your weekend was. How do you reply?
“Fun! Maybe it was my bandage dress, but we went out and I got hit on all night.”
“I tried that new sushi place. OMG, they have the best shrimp tempura!”
“Pretty good; I didn’t do anything special. How was yours?”
3. Your roommate notices you’ve shed some weight, then gripes she still can’t wiggle into her skinny jeans. You:
Joke, “Yeah, I always gain and lose the same kilos—i’m sure they’ll be back.”
Reply, “It wasn’t that hard; I just cut down a bit and voilà! I couldn’t believe it.”
Tell her you’ve been jogging your butt off and ask if she’s up for a run sometime soon.
4. Your BFF confides that she wishes she had a sweet, sexy boyfriend like you do. You respond by:
Saying that you’re definitely lucky, then mentioning that he has sweet (and single!) friends.
Agreeing that your boyfriend is awesome and adding that you think he could be The One.
Giving her a nod and changing the subject to the fun getaway you two have been trying to plan.
5. A close co-worker just got chewed out by the boss. When she asks if he’s ever behaved like that with you (he hasn’t), you say:
“Yeah, he’s done that to a lot of people I know. It’s almost like a rite of passage.”
“Not that I can recall, but don’t sweat it. He’s just in a very bad mood.”
“Nah! I’m on his good side now—knock on wood.”
She could handle the kissing, but she hated yellow balloons!