10 New Things We Learned at FASH WEEK!
Classic beauty moves got a makeover on runways everywhere. Here are our easy-to-cop favourites...
1 The New Smokey Eye
Instead of going all out goth, the models at the Dozakh show had a smokey effect on the outer corners of their eyes, while the lids were layered with gold shadow.
1. Prep your lids with a primer to create a smooth base for the eyeshadow. Now trace your upper and lower lashline with a black pencil and smudge with a Q- tip.
2. Fill your entire lid with bronze or gold shadow paying extra attention to the inner eye. Highlight with an eye pencil to really open up your eyes.
3. Carefully apply a black/brown colour to the corner in the shape of a flick and delicately smudge. Finish off with a generous dose of mascara.
2 The New Nail
For a clean and classic look, the folks at Tibi time-travelled to the ’90s and brought back white digits and faded teracotta tips. How elegant (and totally office appropriate).
1. Buff your nails before applying a polish; this gives the product something to stick to.
2. Always apply a base coat for a chip- free, longlasting manicure.
3. Once it dries, apply two coats of the polish and finish off with a top coat; this creates a double protection layer for the lacquer.
3 The New Skin
Gorgeous, glowing-from-within skin was big for many shows this season—just skip on the multiple make-up steps and stick to the basics as shown below.
1. Give your skin a breather and opt for a shimmering lotion or illuminator to replace the primer + concealer + foundation formula. This combo gives skin a dewy look.
2. Use a highlighter to contour your cheek bones (move outwards from nose to cheek) and jaw line.
3. Add colour via a light rosy blush, skip the lippie and apply a gloss. Full lashes always get bonus points— so use a lash thickening mascara.
4 The New Bouffant
Give the classic Audrey beehive a hot high-rise update (like at Carolina Herrera) with a sleek front and a towering bouffant at the back by adding tonnes of root lifts.
1. Apply a volumizing mousse to your locks and backcomb your hair at the roots. Now gently comb the front section back over the volumised locks before spraying into place.
2. Next, place the hairband on your head and ensure it’s placed firmly. Start teasing and backcombing the hair at the back of your head.
3. Use a strong- hold spray to keep the hair in place for longer.
5 The New Metallic
All-over molten metal can run the risk of looking tacky. Stay ahead of the fashion pack by toning it down a notch and playing with hints of shine.
1. Perfecting a dewy base is key. It helps highlight the pop of colour on the eyes. 2. Stick to a thin liner and kajal ending in an extended line.
3. Pick subtle shades of eyeshadow that will enhance your eyes like sparkly peach, icy pink, or dull gold.
6 The New Lip
Sure a red lip is a classic, but the re-invention lies in how you wear it!
1. A long- lasting lippie is more about the base than the actual colour you’re using. Prep skin with a yellow- based concealer and foundation to nix any redness.
2. Ensure there is no dryness by applying a lip conditioner before you layer on the lipstick. Apply the lipstick with a sharp brush instead of straight from the bullet for super precise application.
3. Let the lips be the hero of the look and only use a light eyeliner to complete your make- up.
7 The New Twist
Valentino’s modern take on this retroinspired romantic hairstyle was elegant and suprisingly easy to recreate!
1. Apply a sleeking cream to give your hair strong hold. Divide your hair in half with a strong centre part till the top of your head. 2. Now twist each side back on either side of your head and secure into a chignon style bun at the nape of your neck.
3. Smooth the hair under the knot using a fine tooth comb and secure the twists using bobby pins.
Mary Kay Mineral Eye Color in Coal, ` 199 Colorbar Lash Illusion Mascara Duo, ` 399
M.A.C Daphne Guiness Power Point Eye Pencil, ` 1,050
Esteé Lauder Pure Color Eye Shadow Duo in Cobblestones, ` 2,427
Mary Kay Liquid Illuminator in Teinte, ` 1,850 The Body Shop Cheek Colour in Tea Rose, ` 495 Rimmel Glam Eyes Lash Flirt Mascara, ` 1,050
Revlon Matte Suede Nail Enamel in 6, ` 140
Lancôme Blush Subtil, ` 1,900
Lakmé Absolute Fast & Fabulous One Stroke Nail Color in gold Caramel, ` 175
Sally Hansen Hard As Nails Xtreme Wear Nail Color, ` 695
Giordani Gold Mineral Therapy Foundation in Golden Beige, ` 990
Shiseido Shimmering Creme Eye Colour, ` 1,600 M.A.C Metal X Cream Shadow in Vintage Coin, ` 1,000
Sebastian Volupt Spray, ` 1,300
L’Oréal Professionnel Tec.ni Art Extra Volume Mousse, ` 550
Kerastase Elixir K Ultimate, ` 2,200
L’Oréal Professionnel Hair Mix Supreme Smooth Cream, ` 600
Maybelline Colorsensational Jewels Lipstick, ` 350
Clinique High Impact Lip Colour with SPF 15 in Red-y To Wear, ` 1,300
Revlon Photo Ready Concealer, ` 760
M.A.C Lip Care Conditioner, ` 1,000