Court extends custody of juvenile till Feb 12
CHARGESHEET IS LIKELY TO BE FILED IN CASE BEFORE FEB 4, AS CBI HAS TO FILE IT WITHIN 90 DAYS OF BOY’S ARREST
GURGAON: The Gurgaon special children’s court, on Tuesday, extended the custody of the juvenile accused in the murder of a class 2 student till February 12. The accused is lodged in a Faridabad observation home.
The custody was initially extended till February 13, but the counsel for the accused requested the court to change the date to February 12, as Tuesday and Friday are the days set aside for meeting family at the observation home in Faridabad.
In case the judicial custody ends on Tuesday or Friday, the parents of the accused would not have been able to meet him as the CBI has to produce the boy in the court for the hearing. The boy was remanded in the observation home on November 11 last year, four days after the CBI arrested him, for allegedly murdering a fellow student at a private school in Gurgaon.
Sandeep Aneja, the counsel of the accused, said his client was produced before judge JS Kundu as his custody ended on Tuesday and they are waiting for the CBI to file the chargesheet which is expected any day.
The chargesheet is expected to be submitted before February 4, as the CBI has to file it within 90 days from the date the juvenile accused was apprehended, said the counsel. “We have challenged the decision of the Juvenile Justice Board for treating the boy as an adult and the arguments will be heard on February 2,” Aneja said.