Fire in Ludhiana unit
LUDHIANA: A major fire broke out at a multi-storey hosiery unit in Mahavir Jain Colony of Sundar Nagar area on Monday evening. No casualty was reported and the firefighters were still dousing the flames at the time of filing this report.
A short circuit is said to be the reason behind the fire that broke out in Vallabh Hosiery at around 6:30pm when the owner was shutting down.
Residents of the area accused that there was a delay of half an hour in the fire brigade reaching the spot. The fire officials, however, said that the tenders were rushed to the spot soon after information was received and that firefighting was hard as the factory was located in a narrow street.