DO YOU SHARE FOOD WITH YOUR DATE? WOULD YOU DATE SOME­ONE WHO DOESN’T?

Hindustan Times (Patna) - Live - - Lifestyle - Re­laxnews

Ac­cord­ing to the re­sults of a new dat­ing and din­ing eti­quette re­port, one in three sin­gle­tons make up the Joey Trib­bia­nis of the dat­ing world: those who don’t share food. If you iden­tify with the Friends (pop­u­lar Amer­i­can sit­com) char­ac­ter, you may be part of the 31% of re­spon­dents in the sur­vey, who said dates with sticky fin­gers, who steal food off their plate, would get a “scowl” of dis­ap­proval.

A more gen­er­ous 69% sin­gle­tons, mean­while, said they’d be will­ing to push their plates closer to their date and share. Re­sults from the sur­vey, which polled 2,000 peo­ple in the US, also sug­gest that dat­ing and din­ing eti­quette is break­ing away from out­moded stereo­types with a new gen­er­a­tion of Mil­len­ni­als dom­i­nat­ing the dat­ing scene.

For in­stance, when asked what kind of meal they’d or­der on a first date, 62% of re­spon­dents said they’d opt for a heartier dish — a sur­pris­ing re­sult, given jit­tery nerves and sub­dued ap­petites that nor­mally come with first dates. But with on­line dat­ing and mo­bile swip­ing, it could be said that mod­ern-day sin­gle­tons are well-prac­ticed speed daters and no longer feel the need to coyly hide their ap­petites in front of po­ten­tial part­ners.

When it comes to pick­ing up the tab, 36% of re­spon­dents said they’d rule out a sec­ond date if the other per­son didn’t of­fer to pay, while 64% said it’s a non-is­sue. No gen­der break­down is of­fered.

PHOTO: ISTOCK

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from India

© PressReader. All rights reserved.