Five breathtaking destinations in India to visit, especially during monsoons
Travellers prefer travelling in a particular season of their choice. As the monsoon winds gears up to bring an amazing season of the year, we list top five destinations that one can visit this season. Here are some of the picturesque destinations:
1) Ladakh: The cold desert of India is a must visit place in summers and monsoons as the roads, unlike winters, are clear for travel. The place mesmerizes you by its numerous mountain passes, sparkling lakes with crystal clear water surrounded by snow-capped mountains.
2) Darjeeling: The lure of the misty Darjeeling mountains look magnificent during rains. The Darjeeling roads surrounded by tea gardens provides once-in-a- lifetime experience. If you are going on a family trip, nothing can be better than booking a family home stay at a tea estate. The emerald green expanses and walking through the clouds experience, have the power to rejuvenate your soul.
3) Gangtok: The capital of Sikkim, brother of seven sisters’ state of India is situated in the valley of the Himalayas. Gangtok is famous for tourist destinations such as Enchey Monastery, Tsomgo Lake, Ridge and Nathula Pass. Due to Shivalik Hills, Gangtok enjoys a gentle, mild climate and receives heavy rainfalls with strong winds during the months of June to August and hence, is a preferred place for adventure lovers. The best way to reach Gangtok is using airways.
4) Munnar: It is a part of Kerala’s paradise of God’s own country. With silvery mist, incredibly vast tea gardens, green hills and pleasant climate, this hill station is truly one of the favourite tourist spots in India, during monsoons. You can also spot wildlife at Anamudi, the highest peak in the Western Ghats and enjoy some nature walks at beautiful lakes and waterfalls in Devikulam and Attukal.
5) Goa: One of the top rated places in India for monsoons, Goa hosts travellers from all around the world. You can go trekking or hiking at Dudhsagar waterfalls, visit Aguada fort for a scintillating view, local-themed cruises amid the sea, bordered by the most happening beaches of India. You can feel rich as a gambler at the Casino and get the thrilling experience of water sports at Baga beach. The land of beaches is surely worth your visit during this monsoon where you can enjoy sand, drizzle and picturesque sceneries along with delicious food of Goa and coastal delicacies.
Top: Darjeeling; Middle Ladakh; Above: Goa