12-YR-OLD BOY ELEC­TRO­CUTED IN NAU­PADA

Hindustan Times ST (Mumbai) - Live - - THANE - Arvind Walmiki

THANE: A 12-year-old boy died when he was elec­tro­cuted in his Nau­pada home on Thurs­day, a day af­ter he cel­e­brated his birth­day.

Ajay Met­tal was study­ing in Class 6 in a Thane school.

His par­ents are labour­ers and used to work and live in a con­struc­tion site at Cross Villa.

His fam­ily had dec­o­rated the area with lights as they had called other fam­i­lies for din­ner on Wed­nes­day.

Ga­janan Kab­d­ule, se­nior po­lice in­spec­tor from Nau­pada p o l i c e s t at i o n , s a i d , “O n Thurs­day morn­ing, when the boy was get­ting ready for school. He went near the pole set up for the lights and was elec­tro­cuted.”

“His fam­ily took him to Thane civil hos­pi­tal where the doc­tor de­clared him dead. We have taken his fa­ther Narsayya’s state­ment and have lodged a case on the con­trac­tor as it is a case of neg­li­gence,” said Kab­d­ule.

The labour­ers have been given a small place at the con­struc­tion site where they have made makeshift houses.

“The boy had suf­fered burn in­juries. We are in­ves­ti­gat­ing the case but have lodged a case against the con­trac­tor, Chan­dreshekhar La­vate, 57, a res­i­dent of Thane,” added Kab­d­ule.

The con­trac­tor has been charged un­der sec­tion 304a (caus­ing death by neg­li­gence) of 34 of the In­dian Pe­nal Code (IPC).

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from India

© PressReader. All rights reserved.