Farhan’s fit­ness mantras

Not just ex­er­cis­ing and gym­ming, Akhtar feels a per­son’s diet is ex­tremely im­por­tant too

HT Cafe - - Front Page - Prashant Singh

Right from the start of his act­ing ca­reer (Rock On; 2008), he is known for his ath­letic physique. In fact, in the 2013 hit, Bhaag Milkha Bhaag, Farhan Akhtar sur­prised his fans with a fit and lean avatar that he de­vel­oped to play ex-ath­lete Milkha Singh in the lat­ter’s biopic.

“It goes with­out say­ing that Farhan works hard for his chis­elled avatar. But not many know that he strongly be­lieves in the mantra that apart from ex­er­cis­ing and gym­ming, a per­son’s diet also plays a ma­jor role in be­ing fit and healthy,” says an in­sider.

When con­tacted, Farhan said, “It’s true. Re­gard­less of how hard you work out, and whether you lift the heav­i­est of weights or the miles you run, if your diet isn’t right, there will be no re­sults.”

Ap­par­ently, the ac­tor-film­maker be­lieves that ex­er­cis­ing con­trib­utes “about 20% to one’s health while the rest 80% is all about what you eat”. Re­cently, Farhan achieved body fat lev­els that were as low as 7.5%. “To achieve this, Farhan was on a rig­or­ous work­out regime and a diet cy­cle,” says an in­sider.

In fact, Farhan had fol­lowed the strict regime for about nine weeks. “It is in­cred­i­ble for any­one to achieve a fat level that low. Thanks to his fit avatar, of late, he has been giv­ing ma­jor fit­ness goals to his friends,” says the in­sider.

A few weeks back, Farhan had also put out his bare body im­age on so­cial me­dia that went vi­ral.

Re­gard­less of how hard you work out... if your diet isn’t right, there will be no re­sults. FARHAN AKHTAR, AC­TOR

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from India

© PressReader. All rights reserved.