Pro­tected area, move­ment pro­hib­ited


Un­der the For­eign­ers (Pro­tected Ar­eas) Or­der, 1958, all ar­eas fall­ing be­tween the ‘In­ner line’ and the “In­ter­na­tional Bor­der of the State” have been de­clared as Pro­tected Area. Cur­rently, Pro­tected Ar­eas are lo­cated in the fol­low­ing States: whole of Arunachal Pradesh; parts of Hi­machal Pradesh; parts of Jammu and Kash­mir; parts of Ra­jasthan and whole of Sikkim (partly in Pro­tected Area and partly in Re­stricted Area.) Fur­ther, un­der the For­eign­ers (Re­stricted Ar­eas) Or­der, 1963, the fol­low­ing ar­eas have been de­clared as ‘Re­stricted Ar­eas: An­daman & Ni­co­bar and part of Sikkim.

A for­eigner is not nor­mally al­lowed to visit a Pro­tected/ Re­stricted Area un­less it is es­tab­lished to the sat­is­fac­tion of the government, that there are ex­tra­or­di­nary rea­sons to jus­tify such a visit. Ev­ery for­eigner, ex­cept a cit­i­zen of Bhutan, who de­sires to en­ter and stay in a Pro­tected or Re­stricted Area, is re­quired to ob­tain a spe­cial per­mit from a com­pe­tent author­ity del­e­gated with pow­ers to is­sue such a spe­cial per­mit to a for­eigner. In cases where the pow­ers have not been del­e­gated to any sub­or­di­nate author­ity by the Government of In­dia, the ap­pli­ca­tion for spe­cial per­mit should be re­ferred to the Min­istry of Home Af­fairs for prior ap­proval.

Spe­cial Per­mis­sion for en­try by In­di­ans. (i) In­ner Line Per­mit (ILP) reg­u­lates visit of In­di­ans to states where ILP regime is preva­lent un­der Ben­gal East­ern Fron­tier Reg­u­la­tion, 1873. In terms of of Sec­tion 2 of the Ben­gal East­ern Fron­tier Reg­u­la­tions, 1873, the In­ner Line Per­mit sys­tem is preva­lent in the three North East­ern States, namely, Arunachal Pradesh, Mi­zo­ram and Na­ga­land. Ci­ti­zens of other states re­quire ILP for vis­it­ing th­ese three states.

With a view to pro­mote tourism, some pro­tected/re­stricted ar­eas, no­ti­fied by the Government of In­dia from time to time, can be vis­ited by for­eign tourists, ei­ther in groups, or as a cou­ple in the case of a hus­band and wife, or by in­di­vid­u­als, af­ter ob­tain­ing the nec­es­sary per­mit from the com­pe­tent author­ity. Pow­ers have been del­e­gated to var­i­ous au­thor­i­ties to is­sue the spe­cial per­mit, with­out the prior ap­proval of the Min­istry of Home Af­fairs, to fa­cil­i­tate for­eign tourists sub­ject to the fol­low­ing ex­cep­tions:

Ci­ti­zens of Afghanistan, China and Pak­istan and for­eign na­tion­als of Pak­istani ori­gin shall not be is­sued a spe­cial per­mit with­out the prior ap­proval of the Min­istry of Home Af­fairs, ac­cord­ing to R.P.N. Singh, Min­is­ter of State for Home Af­fairs.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from India

© PressReader. All rights reserved.