Patria and Kongsberg in combat vehicle and weapon system programme in the Middle East
Ateam of senior Lockheed Martin executives led by Patrick Dewar, Executive Vice President, Lockheed Martin International, visited the Tata-Lockheed Martin Aerostructures Limited (TLMAL) facility in Hyderabad on January 21, 2015, to inspect the C130-Js as well as to tour the TLMAL site. Set up in 2012, TLMAL manufactures airframe components for the global supply chain of the C-130J Super Hercules. TLMAL was the winner in the best joint venture category at the 2013 Aerospace & Defense Awards. Tata Advanced Systems holds a 74 per cent stake in the joint venture, with Lockheed Martin holding the remaining 26 per cent stake.
“This is our first JV in India, and it has strengthened our relationship with the Indian Defense customers as well as reinforced our commitment and partnership with Indian industry,” said Dewar. “We are extremely pleased with the role Tata has played in ensuring
Patria and Kongsberg have announced a teaming agreement to pursue together a major combat vehicle and weapon system programme in the Middle East region. Patria is the market leader of modern 8 x 8 wheeled armoured vehicles and turreted 120mm mortar systems with strong sales track record. Both Patria AMV 8 x 8 wheeled armoured vehicle and Nemo 120mm turreted mortar are already in use in the Middle East.
Patria AMV 8 x 8 is currently in commission by seven nations in wide range of environments. The vehicle is combat proven in the real mission environment. Kongsberg offers products and systems for remotely controlled weapon systems, command and control, weapons guidance, communications solutions and missiles. The two companies make a strong team together and will now develop their solution further to meet the future customer needs.
“Together with Kongsberg we are a strong competitor with outstanding performance, skills and solutions, enabling us to offer the state-of-the-art systems for next generation soldiers”, says Mika Kari, President of Patria’s land business unit.
“This is a strategic partnership – combining each company’s unique strengths and expertise as well as our best practices means we can build even better solutions to future markets”, says Espen Henriksen, President of Kongsberg Protech Systems.
Pat Dewar (fourth from left) with Tata and Lockheed Martin executives at the TLMAL facility in Hyderabad