An exquisite seafood sashimi with a Korean flourish by Chef Akira Back
• 1 whole red snapper, scaled and gutted – sashimi grade
• 200g tobiko (flying fish roe)
• 2 tbs roasted sesame oil
• ½ whole Sunkist orange zest
• Chojang sauce
• black pepper, freshly ground
• maldon salt
• micro shiso & micro kaenip
5 tbs gochujang paste (Korean chilli paste) 5 tbs rice wine vinegar 5 tbs roasted sesame oil 2 cloves garlic
1. Mix tobiko with sesame oil and orange zest. Marinade
2. Fillet red snapper, cut and separate between each loin.
3. Remove snapper skin without breaking meat.
4. Slice pieces of snapper to desired thickness, about the length of four fingers.
5. Lay open each slice of snapper and top with tobiko mixture and roll tight.
6. Repeat process for four more rolls.
7. Plate snapper rolls as desired.
8. For Chojang Sauce blend all ingredients until smooth.
9. Top sashimi with Chojang Sauce and finish off with salt and black pepper.
10. Garnish with micro herbs.