Bat­tling Shan­bal­ly­more bow out to Óg

The Corkman - - SPORT -

Ran­dal Óg 2-9 Shan­bal­ly­more 1-9

RAN­DAL Óg will meet Goleen in an all West Cork quar­ter fi­nal after they saw off a stern sec­ond half on­slaught by Shan­bal­ly­more at Donough­more on Fri­day evening.

The open­ing se­quences saw the winners start at a hec­tic pace with Seadhna Crow­ley in dev­as­tat­ing in at­tack. They were 0-4 to no score ahead be­fore they struck for the first of their two goals in the eighth minute when a de­liv­ery from mid­field by Brian Dul­lea saw Seadhna Crow­ley and Sam Kingston com­bine well to re­lease Barry O’Driscoll for a well taken goal.

Fur­ther pres­sure saw Seadhna Crow­ley with an­other point surge them eight points clear. As the half went on Shan­bal­ly­more quickly set­tled.

Ken­neth Barry reg­is­tered their first score a point in the 12th minute with James Roche and Barry fol­low­ing with mi­nors by the end of the first quar­ter.

In their next at­tack they came right back into the equa­tion. A side­line by Eoin McHugh was gath­ered by Ken­neth Barry who in turn set up James Roche for a goal that nar­rowed the deficit to 1-6 to 1-3.

For the rest of the half scores were at a pre­mium. Ran­dal Og struck for a vi­tal score in the 23rd minute when a free by Brian Dul­lea re­sulted in Seadhna Crow­ley fin­ish­ing a great goal to the net.

At the other end Shan­bal­ly­more reeled off a late point cour­tesy of Dar­ragh Palmer to trail 2-6 to 1-4 at the in­ter­val. For the sec­ond half Shan­bal­ly­more dom­i­nated mat­ters for long pe­ri­ods with Dar­ragh Palmer, Sean Lynch, Eoin McHugh, Eoin O’Re­gan, Ken­neth Barry and James Roche prom­i­nent fig­ures in this half. Sean Lynch got their sec­ond half charge up and run­ning with a long range point.

In the 40th minute they were de­nied a goal scor­ing chance when James Roche cut through but was de­nied by the cross­bar. Nev­er­the­less three points by the mid way stage by Eoin O’Re­gan (2) and Eoin McHugh left just a point be­tween the teams 2-6 to 1-8.

Ran­dal Óg had to wait till the 48th minute to regis­ter their first score of this half when Seadhna Crow­ley kicked over a free. Shan­bal­ly­more who ac­counted for many wides in this half had the lead back to a point soon after when a great pass by Eoin O’Re­gan set up Ken­neth Barry for a well taken point.

Ran­dal Óg upped their ef­forts once again in the last ten min­utes with Brian Dul­lea, Ger Lynch, Shane Pat­ter­son, Sam Kingston and Seadhna Crow­ley to the fore and a point each from Crow­ley and Sam Kingston helped put a bit of day­light be­tween the teams by the 58th minute 2-9 to 1-9.

From here to the end Shan­bal­ly­more laid siege on the Ran­dal Óg goal. In in­jury time they created a goal scor­ing chance but the ball went nar­rowly wide with Ran­dal Óg hold­ing on for a close win in the end.

RAN­DAL OG: D Lynch, J J Hur­ley, A O’Brien, B Lynch,Sea­mus Crow­ley, S Pat­ter­son, I Crow­ley, G Lynch, B Dul­lea, Stephen Crow­ley, S Kingston 0-1, P Lynch B O’Driscoll 1-1, Sead­han Crow­ley 1-7 (03f), E O’Sul­li­van Sub: D Collins for S Crow­ley

SHAN­BAL­LY­MORE: S Done­gan, P Fitzger­ald, R McHugh, P Palmer, D Roche, C O’Reilly, D Palmer 0-1, E McHugh 0-1, S Lynch 0-1, V Burke, J Sheedy, E O’Re­gan 0-2 (0-1f), K Barry 0-3, J Roche 1-1, A Sheedy Subs: R Hal­li­han for P Palmer, P Burke for A Sheedy

REF­EREE: John Hor­gan (Gleann na Laoi)

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from Ireland

© PressReader. All rights reserved.