Life hacks – How to control menstrual cramps
WE GIRLS all have been through the crimpling pain every month. Having to lose blood for over three days straight, with an aching uterus can be quite irritating. Here are five tips on how to control your menstrual cramps!
1. Heating Pads: Similarly to how athletes would apply heats pad onto their injury, the same goes for your lower abdomen or lower back. You’ll find how easily your contracting muscles would ease from the penetrating heat. Tip: If you can’t afford a heating pad, you can use a water bottle with hot water instead.
2. Hydration: During this period, your body is at a high risk of dehydration from the loss of blood. Consuming large quantities of sweet beverages or snacks will cause too much sugar to be present in the body. Try to drink as much water as possible throughout the days, to help prevent bloating.
3. Exercising: It’s essential for you to be exercising on a regular basis even before your menstruation. In doing so, you will find it easily to sustain the aching throughout the period. During the period, you can try different Yoga techniques to stretch your pelvis for a relief within your tensed muscles.
4. Bathroom break: As much as how you will hate it, excreting your waste is vital during this time which will help to relieve you of bloating. Drinking ginger tea and eating more fruits will help to aid this process.
5. Track your period: Being aware of the time your menstrual cycle occurs will better help you to understand your body changes and to be more prepared whenever it shows up. Never forget your little kit and painkillers!