1. Having or denoting a low vocal or instrumental range.
5. United States linguist whose theory of generative grammar redefined the field of linguistics (born 1928).
12. A state-chartered savings bank owned by its depositors and managed by a board of trustees.
15. Type genus of the family Arcidae.
16. A failure to maintain a higher state.
17. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
18. Fastener consisting of a resinous composition that is plastic when warm.
19. The ending of a series or sequence.
20. (of complexion) Blemished by imperfections of the skin.
22. Relating to the deepest parts of the ocean (below 6000 meters).
24. Affected manners intended to impress others.
26. The lean flesh of a fish similar to cod.
27. Formerly a term of respect for important white Europeans in colonial India.
29. Small South American spiny tree with dark crimson and scarlet flowers solitary or clustered.
30. Being or moving higher in position or greater in some value.
32. Make off with belongings of others.
34. Large recently extinct long-horned European wild ox.
38. A source of oil.
42. American prizefighter who won the world heavyweight championship three times (born in 1942).
43. An ancient Egyptian city on the west bank of the Nile opposite Cairo.
44. Abnormally distended especially by fluids or gas.
47. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
49. A disreputable vagrant.
50. A high wave (often dangerous) caused by tidal flow (as by colliding tidal currents or in a narrow estuary).
51. The compass point midway between northeast and east.
52. After noon.
54. The first month of the year.
55. A contorted facial expression.
59. American Revolutionary patriot.
61. (prefix) Indicating difference or variation.
62. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
65. Being one hundred more than three hundred.
66. The capital and largest city of Zambia.
70. Of or relating to or functioning as a phrase.
74. A number of sheets of paper fastened together along one edge.
75. Involving the entire earth.
78. A device (trade name Aqua-Lung) that lets divers breathe under water.
79. An overwhelming feeling of wonder or admiration.
80. French revolutionary who was prominent in the early days of the French Revolution (1749-1791).
82. A rapid escape (as by criminals).
83. A workplace for the conduct of scientific research.
84. A large continuous extent of land.
85. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
1. A vigorous blow.
2. A particular geographical region of indefinite boundary (usually serving some special purpose or distinguished by its people or culture or geography).
3. A large number or amount.
4. A deep bow.
5. Electronic equipment that provides visual images of varying electrical quantities.
6. Lap that forms a cloth border doubled back and stitched down v 1.
7. Evergreen trees and shrubs having oily one-seeded fruits.
8. Possessing or using or characteristic of or appropriate to supernatural powers.
9. A cut of pork ribs with much of the meat trimmed off.
10. A state in midwestern United States.
11. An affirmative.
12. Tropical Asian starlings.
13. A branch of the Tai languages.
14. A Chadic language spoken in northern Nigeria.
21. A European corvine bird of small or medium size with red legs and glossy black plumage.
23. A gonado tropic hormone that is secreted by the anterior pituitary.
25. (Norse mythology) Wife of Thor and guardian of the home.
28. A bachelor's degree in science.
31. Having a pair of equal and opposite charges.
33. A silvery soft waxy metallic element of the alkali metal group.
35. Dry red table wine from the Rioja region of northern Spain.
36. A member of a Turkic people of Uzbekistan and neighboring areas.
37. A river in eastern France.
39. United States baseball player (born 1925).
40. The function or position properly or customarily occupied or served by another.
41. A light strong brittle gray toxic bivalent metallic element.
45. A large fleet.
46. Keep in mind or convey as a conviction or view.
48. Greek god of light.
53. Sloth bears.
56. Genus of tall smooth herbs of forested mountains of Europe and Asia minor.
57. (astronomy) The angular distance of a celestial point measured westward along the celestial equator from the zenith crossing.
58. Ratio of the hypotenuse to the opposite side.
60. A white trivalent metallic element.
63. An Indian tree of the family Combretaceae that is a source of timber and gum.
64. A unit of dry measure used in Egypt.
67. Scale-like structure between the base of the wing and the halter of a two-winged fly.
68. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
69. Small terrestrial lizard of warm regions of the Old World.
71. (computer science) A standardized language for the descriptive markup of documents.
72. Pitiable in circumstances especially through abandonment.
73. Any wingless blood-sucking parasitic insect noted for ability to leap.
76. Having undesirable or negative qualities.
77. A defensive missile designed to shoot down incoming intercontinental ballistic missiles.
81. A very poisonous metallic element that has three allotropic forms.