Bordeaux give Welling­ton boot

Kuwait Times - - SPORTS -

BORDEAUX: Brazil­ian mid­fielder Welling­ton Silva’s trans­fer to French club Bordeaux from Flu­mi­nense has been can­celled af­ter he failed a med­i­cal, the Ligue 1 club said yes­ter­day. “Fol­low­ing a med­i­cal visit, Bordeaux de­cided not to com­plete the trans­fer of Welling­ton Silva,” the club said in a state­ment. The 24-year-old ar­rived in west­ern France last Sun­day and had been due to be of­fi­cially pre­sented to the press yes­ter­day af­ter­noon. A Brazil­ian youth in­ter­na­tional, Welling­ton Silva was re­cruited by Arse­nal in 2011 but could not play in Eng­land be­cause of work per­mit prob­lems. Dur­ing six sea­sons in Europe he was loaned to clubs in Spain be­fore re­turn­ing to Eng­land to play for Bolton af­ter ac­quir­ing Span­ish na­tion­al­ity. He re­turned to his first club Flu­mi­nense in 2016, play­ing his last match on July 13 against Botafogo.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from Kuwait

© PressReader. All rights reserved.