KSSC make statements over Daihani’s retirement
KUWAIT: Following the announcement by Kuwait’s Olympic hero Fuhaid Al-Daihani to retire, he made statements during media interviews as to why he decided to retire, and this prompted the Kuwait Shooting Sport Club to make a statement to answer his claims.
The statement said:
Kuwait Shooting Sport Club (KSSC) received several queries about statements by the retired Olympian Fuhaid Al-Daihani during an interview with a TV Channel, as he spoke about several topics in regards to state depts., as well as Kuwait Shooting Federation and Club. So, the club wants to explain facts to Kuwait people and the sports community.
• KSSC is proud of its shooters and the Olympic and international achievements were not to be made with the help of Allah, then the generous support of HH the Amir Sheikh Sabah Al-Ahmad Al-Jaber Al-Sabah, HH the Crown Prince Sheikh Nawaf Al-Ahmad AlJaber Al-Sabah and the government of Kuwait. The best honoring of KSSC and its members is the reception of HH the Amir, HH the Crown Prince of KSSC Board of Directors and winners after each achievement they make in the name of the State of Kuwait.
• Kuwait Shooting worked as a sports institution since the shooting club was established in 1994 under the Chairmanship of Sheikh Salman Sabah Al-Salem Al-Humoud Al-Sabah, member of the board and those who came after them, worked as a team that seeks sports achievement for Kuwait, and Kuwait shooting, with the efforts of all, was able to reach sports supremacy at the World and Olympic level, most notably four Olympic medals in addition to hundreds of world and continental levels. We confirm the club will continue to work as an institution with efforts of all workers in it to continue such achievements in the name of the State of Kuwait.
• KSSC, while preparing for the Olympics, prepares a plan over four years with the government support through Public Authority for Sports that includes supplying shooters with all they need, be it the best weapons in the world, as each piece costs at least KD 3,000, shooting equipment, free sports time for athletes, employing the best world coaches, holding training camps, participating in international championship to qualify for the Olympics, and KSSC was able to qualify a number of shooters for each Olympics, the latest of which Rio de Janerio 2016 when shooters Abdallah Al-Rashidi and Saud Habib qualified for the Skeet, Khalid Al-Mudhaf and Abdelrahman Al-Faihan qualified for the trap, and Fuhaid Al-Daihani and Ahmad Al-Afasi qualified for the Double trap.
• Kuwait Shooting was subjected to an unjust suspension following repeated complaints by several Kuwaiti Federations to the International Olympic Committee, but Kuwait Shooting defended itself, and was able to lift the suspension through the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS), and Kuwait Shooting is now practicing its activities under Kuwait’s flag and participates in international events that are held under the umbrella of ISSF, and not as being said that activities were resumed only. As for participation under the umbrella of Kuwait Olympic Committee, it is now that KOC is suspended.
• It is not true that shooters are suffering from lack of accommodation, food, training and equipment, as all shooters who participate abroad are provided with all their needs according to state regulations, and the support of PAS, even when allowances were KD 45, KSSC used to provide shooters with the care they need including accommodation, transport, food and in addition to all needs shooters want.
• When a shooter decides to retire for personal reasons, to be honored by PAS, we wish him all success, but we do not accept any insult, or false information, we also do not compare ourselves with other countries, as Kuwait is ahead of all countries in providing total support to athletes, especially in shooting, and the Olympic and International achievements are the evidence.
• Kuwait Shooting Sport Club believes in the freedom of opinion, but does not accept making false or selfish statements and denial of without our beloved country Kuwait presents in the form of generous support and all people know that there is not an athlete or shooter who represents Kuwait, the state did not care for and provide him with all means to make his achievements, and in this concept we present some of what was presented to the retired Olympic Shooter Fuhaid Al-Daihani.
•Following the Olympic Achievement in Sydney 2000 Olympics:
HH the Amir Sheikh Sabah Al-Ahmad AlJaber Al-Sabah, honored him by exemption in private residence, and gave him a land in an excellent location, in addition to the clubs financial recognition. HH the Crown Prince and HH the Prime Minister honored him morally and materially. The club honored him with KD 10,000.
• Following the Olympic achievement by Fuhaid Al-Daihani in London Olympic 2012:
HH the Amir decorated him with Kuwait Medal of first degree, promoted him to the rank of Colonel in Kuwait Army in addition to the financial reward.
He was also rewarded by HH the Crown Prince Sheikh Nawaf Al-Ahmad Al-Jaber AlSabah, while HH the Prime Minister rewarded him financially and morally by buying arms with special specifications at a value of no less than KD 10,000. KSSC rewarded him with KD 30,000.
• Following the Olympic achievement by Shooter Fuhaid Al-Daihani in the Rio de Janeiro 2016 Olympics:
HH the Amir gave him a KD 100,000 reward in addition to an industrial piece of land.
He was financially rewarded by HH the Crown Prince and HH the Prime Minister. KSSC rewarded him with KD 30,000. Shooter Fuhaid Al-Daihani was given KD 10,000 to participate in the Rio de Janeiro Olympics.
The club bought “9” shotguns of special specifications for shooter Fuhaid Al-Daihani. PAS rewarded the shooter with nearly KD 80,000 between the years 2009 - 2015.