HOW TO ENTER
Harper’s BAZAAR Malaysia recognises the importance of setting a new platform to showcase the country’s new generation of fashion designers. This is hosted through a regional competition to promote creativity as well as provide an opportunity for continued learning at the internationally renowned fashion design institute, Istituto Marangoni.
ELIGIBILITY Participants must: 1. Be practising designers, fashion design graduates or undergraduates.
2. Have some working experience in the fashion industry or in a fashion business for a minimum of two years.
3. Be a Malaysian citizen.
The winner will be judged on his or her creativity, originality, commercial viability, and technical ability to produce work that is on par with the standards of Harper’s BAZAAR. Participants are to include either hand-drawn sketches or web illustrations. Limited to one entry per person for the 2014 contest period. Each entry must also include the following:
1. 12 design sketches for Spring/Summer ’15 Women’s Ready-to-Wear.
2. A completed submission form (please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for one).
3. Fabric swatches for the proposed designs.
JUDGING CRITERIA Judges are looking for: 1. Design, Creativity & Commercial Viability a. Imagination/originality b. Consistency throughout the collection c. Technical knowledge in garment construction d. Commercial viability 2. Business Plan a. Overall quality of submission
GUIDELINES Each entry submitted must also adhere to the following guidelines:
1. Works submitted should be of original content. No portion of the entry should be copied in whole or in part from any other work that is not the entrant’s own.
2. Entries must be in a commercially viable fabric that can be drycleaned.
3. Submitted designs should not have been previously published or entered into any competition or contest or won any award prior to submission to this contest.
Harper’s BAZAAR reserves all rights to use images and submissions to promote the designers and the competition in all media thereafter for perpetuity. The final panel of judges will be made up of the editor and/or creative director from Harper’s
BAZAAR (Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, and Indonesia editions). The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence concerning the results will be entertained. SUBMISSIONS Entries can be delivered to:
Harper’s BAZAAR Malaysia Blu Inc Media Sdn Bhd Lot 7, Jalan Bersatu 13/4, Section 13, 46200 Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia