Close down dirty eateries permanently
THE Penang Health Department and the Penang Island City Council carried out inspections on three eateries in Penang Road on March 13.
Two restaurants were ordered to close for two weeks. A dead rat was found in one of the restaurants, as well as rat droppings, cockroaches and dirty toilets in both eateries.
The third restaurant was fined RM1,000 for having a dirty kitchen. It was also issued a RM250 compound for not using a grease trap, and RM90 for failing to vaccinate three workers.
I visited Penang last May and checked out the three restaurants, before deciding on one, which turned out to be a huge disappointment.
The food was below average compared with the nasi kandar restaurants that I have tried over the years.