Pic­tures were taken at UMMC’s au­topsy the­atre

New Straits Times - - News -


APOLICEMAN told the Ses­sions Court yes­ter­day that he took 49 pho­to­graphs dur­ing the more than three­hour post-mortem of Deputy Prime Min­is­ter Datuk Seri Dr Ah­mad Zahid Hamidi’s son-in-law at Univer­sity Malaya Medical Cen­tre in June last year.

Cor­po­ral Ro­saidi Mat Zudin said dur­ing the post-mortem that was con­ducted from 1am un­til 4.25am, he and two other po­lice of­fi­cers were in the medical cen­tre’s au­topsy the­atre, along with pathol­o­gist Dr Pras­ant and his two as­sis­tants.

He said he was al­lowed to take pic­tures of the ex­am­i­na­tion by Dr Pras­ant.

Ro­saidi, a su­per­vi­sor at the crim­i­nal in­ves­ti­ga­tion depart­ment of the Pan­tai po­lice sta­tion, said, at the ex­am­i­na­tion-in-chief by deputy pub­lic pros­e­cu­tor Rosliana Zakaria, that he took pic­tures dur­ing the post-mortem of Datuk Syed Al­man Zain Syed Alwi, on the in­struc­tions of his su­pe­rior As­sis­tant Su­per­in­ten­dent of Po­lice Ezral Ezwaini. “I was in­formed at 9.45pm by ASP Ezral that a orang ke­na­maan (very im­por­tant per­son) had died and a lot of peo­ple had gath­ered at the medical cen­tre’s emer­gency area and were go­ing in and out, and he told me to con­trol se­cu­rity there.

“At that point, I didn’t know who had died.

“I had ar­rived at the medical cen­tre’s po­lice beat base when I got the or­der for the crowd con­trol and, later, to take pic­tures of the post-mortem,” said Ro­saidi, who was the third pros­e­cu­tion wit­ness at the trial of gy­nae­col­o­gist Dr Ting Teck Chin, 37, who is charged with caus­ing the death of Syed Al­man Zain at the Im­pe­rial Den­tal Spe­cial­ist Cen­tre at Jalan Telawi in Bangsar be­tween 6pm and 9.05pm on June 1 last year.

Syed Al­man Zain was mar­ried to Zahid’s el­dest daugh­ter, Datuk Nu­rul Hi­dayah Zahid.

Ac­cord­ing to the charge un­der Sec­tion 304(b) of the Pe­nal Code, the ac­cused may be jailed up to 10 years, fined or both, if con­victed.

Dr Ting was rep­re­sented by coun­sel Datuk K. Ku­maraen­dran and Dev Ku­maraen­dran.

The court also heard that Ro­saidi had printed all the 49 pic­tures by 3.30pm on the same day (June 2), but his attempts to down­load the pic­tures from the mem­ory card onto a com­pact disc (CDR) had failed be­cause the mem­ory card was cor­rupted.

How­ever, the next day Ro­saidi sub­mit­ted all the pic­tures he had printed to the in­ves­ti­gat­ing of­fi­cer of the case, ASP Yusma Yahya.

Ear­lier, po­lice pho­tog­ra­pher lance cor­po­ral Mo­hamad Zahir Zain­ud­din told the court that he took six pic­tures of the den­tal clinic in Bangsar on June 2.

The pic­tures, he said, were of the front door of the clinic, the re­cep­tion area, cer­tifi­cates that were framed and mounted on the wall and the dif­fer­ent an­gles of the “Mel­bourne Room” on the first floor.

The court also heard ev­i­dence from con­sta­ble Nor Has­san Azharin that he re­ceived a first in­for­ma­tion re­port (FIR) per­tain­ing to the death in a den­tal clinic in Bangsar from a per­son called Datuk Faizal Azhar Ab­dul Rashid.

About 43 pros­e­cu­tion wit­nesses are ex­pected to tes­tify at the trial.

Hear­ing be­fore judge Az­man Mohd Nor con­tin­ues.

Dr Ting Teck Chin

Datuk Syed Al­man Zain Syed Alwi

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from Malaysia

© PressReader. All rights reserved.