Two of them were al­legedly forced to per­form oral sex by their as­sailants

New Straits Times - - News - ADRIAN DAVID KUALA TERENG­GANU news@nst.com.my

AGROUP of 26 stu­dents who went on a bul­ly­ing spree at a vo­ca­tional col­lege here were ar­rested af­ter three of their ju­niors claimed they were as­saulted.

Two of the vic­tims were hos­pi­talised af­ter sus­tain­ing se­ri­ous in­juries in the at­tacks be­tween 10.30pm on Mon­day and 1.30am on Tues­day at the Wakaf Tem­busu Vo­ca­tional Col­lege in Kuala Nerus.

Of the three 16-year-old boys, two of them were also al­legedly forced to per­form oral sex by their as­sailants.

Fol­low­ing po­lice in­ves­ti­ga­tions into the at­tacks, 26 stu­dents were ar­rested yes­ter­day while all three vic­tims were warded at Sul­tanah Nur Zahi­rah Hos­pi­tal in Batu Burok.

The 26 stu­dents were later re­manded for four days at the Kuala Tereng­ganu mag­is­trate’s court.

Tereng­ganu ed­u­ca­tion, sci­ence, tech­nol­ogy and trans­for­ma­tion com­mit­tee chair­man Ab­dul Lat­iff Awang said the first at­tack on one of the boys by a group of 11 was about 10.30am.

“Three hours later, at 1.30am on Tues­day, a sec­ond one was as­saulted by 15 se­niors,” he said.

“His close friend, who in­ter­vened when he heard screams, was also as­saulted by the same bul­lies,” he said.

One of them, a state ju­nior bowler, was crit­i­cally wounded in the at­tack and warded at the in­ten­sive care unit.

Lat­iff said he was dis­ap­pointed with the in­ci­dents as Tereng­ganu, with a total of 230,000 stu­dents, recorded 16 se­ri­ous cases for the first eight months of this year.

“Bul­ly­ing, whether phys­i­cal, men­tal, via so­cial me­dia or other means, can be trau­matic to the vic­tims and have a se­vere ef­fect on their health.

“This has to stop. Although many cases ap­pear to be in­signif­i­cant, we do not want it to be­come a trend and be­come a more se­ri­ous is­sue,” he said.

The par­ents of one of the boys lodged a re­port at the dis­trict po­lice head­quar­ters at 3.30pm on Tues­day.

Dis­trict po­lice chief As­sis­tant Com­mis­sioner Idris Ab­dul Ra­far con­firmed the case.

It is learnt that the se­niors bound the duo with blan­kets be­fore re­peat­edly beat­ing them with blunt ob­jects.

The se­niors had re­sorted to the dras­tic ac­tion af­ter be­ing un­happy with the duo’s be­hav­iour for re­fus­ing to help them get food from the can­teen.

One of the vic­tims, a firstsemester stu­dent study­ing elec­tron­ics tech­nol­ogy, is said to have fainted twice af­ter the heavy beat­ing. He suf­fered heavy bruis­ing all over his body as a re­sult.

One of the vic­tims said he was awak­ened by his friend who was scream­ing, and had gone to in­ves­ti­gate.

“I dis­cov­ered that his face was cov­ered with a blan­ket as they bashed him. The se­niors then dragged me to be beaten up for be­ing a busy body, and I later vom­ited,” he said.

Ac­cord­ing to fel­low stu­dents at the col­lege, the vic­tims were also forced to per­form oral sex as pun­ish­ment and the se­niors warned oth­ers not to in­ter­fere or re­port the mat­ter.


One of the vic­tims dis­play­ing the bruises on his back sus­tained from his beat­ing by 26 se­niors at the Wakaf Tem­busu Vo­ca­tional Col­lege in Kuala Nerus on Tues­day.


The stu­dents who were ar­rested for as­sault­ing their ju­niors be­ing brought to the Kuala Tereng­ganu mag­is­trate’s court yes­ter­day.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from Malaysia

© PressReader. All rights reserved.