NADAL NO TO BRIS­BANE, OK FOR AUSSIE OPEN

The Sun (Malaysia) - - SPORTS -

WORLD No.1 Rafael Nadal has with­drawn from the Bris­bane In­ter­na­tional with a knee in­jury, but said he still in­tends to play in next month’s Aus­tralian Open.

The Spa­niard, who hasn’t played since los­ing to David Gof­fin at the World Tour Fi­nals in Lon­don, was sched­uled to start his sea­son in Bris­bane this week­end, but said he would now not be com­ing.

“I am sorry to an­nounce I won’t be com­ing to Bris­bane this year,” Nadal said on Twitter yes­ter­day.

“My in­ten­tion was to play but I am still not ready af­ter last year’s long sea­son and the late start of my prepa­ra­tion.”

But Nadal said he still planned to play in the year’s open­ing Grand Slam tour­na­ment, start­ing in Mel­bourne on Jan 15.

“I will be see­ing my Aussie fans when I land on the 4th (of Jan­uary) in Mel­bourne and start there my prepa­ra­tion for the Aus­tralian Open,” he

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from Malaysia

© PressReader. All rights reserved.