Ze­j­tun main­tain 100 per­cent record

Malta Independent - - SPORT -

Ze­j­tun con­tin­ued their 100% record in the BOV Sec­ond Di­vi­sion when they thrashed Sig­giewi by five goals to two in the sec­ond match at the Cen­te­nary Sta­dium on Sun­day. Margeith Sci­cluna gave Ze­j­tun the lead after 13 min­utes fol­lowed by God­win Zenke on 34 and 46 min­utes with Jamie Mif­sud grab­bing an­other on 37 min­utes. Didier Sohna and Sa­muel Vella pulled two back for Sig­giewi on 67 and 77 min­utes but Tanaka Kumpei made it 5-2 seven min­utes from time.

St Ge­orge’s reg­is­tered their first win of the sea­son when they beat Swieqi United by four gaols to two in the first match at the Luxol Sta­dium. Aaron Hili gave St Ge­orge’s the lead on 15 min­utes but Swieqi over­turned the re­sult through Ken­neth Ezekie and Ni­cholas Schem­bri on 20 and 22 min­utes. Hili made it 2-2 on 52 min­utes and An­thony Chike Eze se­cured the win for St Ge­orge’s with goals on 71 and 81 min­utes. San Gwann kept up the pace with their third win of the cam­paign by beat­ing Mel­lieha 3-0 in the first match at the Sirens Sta­dium.

Their goals came from An­dre’ Cachia after 21 min­utes, Wil­liams Abeeb on 34 min­utes and Nezar Abouhaisha on 81 min­utes.

Qrendi stayed in sec­ond place with a hard fought vic­tory over Birzeb­bu­gia St Peters in the sec­ond match at the Luxol Sta­dium. Gio­vanni Galea gave Qrendi an early lead after 11 min­utes with Clay­ton Caru­ana mak­ing it two on 85 min­utes. Keith Muscat re­duced the deficit for Birzeb­bu­gia from the penalty spot on 87 min­utes but Qrendi held out for an im­por­tant vic­tory. Gudja United reg­is­tered their first win of the sea­son after three heavy de­feats cour­tesy of a brace by Asard Boom­gard in the last five min­utes against Mgarr United.

Zab­bar kept joint third place with a third win on the trot against Ghaxaq. Justin Felice gave Ghaxaq the lead after 28 min­utes but Zab­bar roared back with gaols by Aidan Agius on the hour, Clay­ton Camil­leri on 84 min­utes and Chris­tian Briffa in added time. In the Fri­day night match, At­tard beat Marsaxlokk by two goals to one at the Luxol Sta­dium. Jur­gen Ger­ada put At­tard ahead on 45 min­utes with Alan Pierre Cour­tal­don equal­iz­ing on 67 min­utes. Fi­raz Aboulezz scored the win­ning goal for At­tard five min­utes from time.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from Malta

© PressReader. All rights reserved.