Gluten-free chocolate cake
Prep Time 60 Min
Cook Time 45 Min
Ready in 105 Min
50g raw cacao powder, plus extra to sprinkle
1/2 cup boiling water
1 cup caster sugar
150g coconut oil, melted, cooled 3 eggs, at room temperature
150g macadamia meal
1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate soda
Berries, to serve
1. Preheat oven to 170C or 150C fan-forced. Grease and line base and sides of a 22cm springform pan with baking paper.
2. Combine cacao and boiling water in a small bowl. Cool slightly.
3. Meanwhile, using an electric mixer with the paddle attachment, beat sugar, coconut oil and eggs for 3 minutes or until smooth and thickened.
4. Combine macadamia meal, bicarbonate and salt in a bowl.
5. With motor on low speed, beat cacao mixture through egg mixture. Add almond mixture and stir until combined. Spoon batter into prepared pan and bake for 40-45 minutes or until a crust has formed but cake is still slightly wobbly in centre. Stand pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove sides of pan and stand to cool completely. Remove base of pan.
6. Chill cake before serving. Sprinkle with extra cacao and serve with berries.