William Hili and Marie Claire Aquilina win the second Time Trial Race
The Malta Cycling Federation time trial national championship continued on a sunny day with the second day, last Sunday 10th June 2018 at Mtarfa By-pass where William Hili and Marie Claire Aquilina won the main categories.
The Elite category was won by William Hili of Mosta AF Sign Studio CC finishing his eight laps for a 20.8 KM distance in 31:44.59. Behind him ended respectively Etienne Bonello of Team Greens in 31:48.15 and Alexander Pettett Pro Action - CT Volata in 31:50.35.
Marie Claire Aquilina of Team Greens again finished first in the Women's category when she made her eight laps in 34:28.61. This category was all Greens as Michelle Vella Wood finished second in 37:36.63 and colleague Danica Bonello Spiteri ended third in 37:46.55.
Isaac Spiteri The Cyclists yet again won the juniors category when ended his eight laps in 35:49.79. Second place came Gianluca Camilleri of Birkirkara St. Joseph SC in 39:45.34.
The Masters 40+ category was won by Ivan Zammit of Birkirkara St. Joseph SC finishing his eight laps in 33:14.20. Malcolm Cachia of The Cyclist ends up second in 33:52.04, while Kelvin Goodwin of Agones SFC came third in a time of 35:05.14.
In the Masters 50+ category Steve Mifsud of Mosta AF Sign Studio CC finished his eight laps first in 34:54.59, while Joseph Micallef of The Cyclist came second in 38:15.46.
Sean Enriquez of Mosta AF Sign Studio CC won the Under-16 category finishing his six laps for a 15.6 KM distance in 28:43.11. In second position ended Mika Zammit of Agones SFC in 30:31.05. Michael Sean Darmanin of Mosta AF Sign Studio CC came third in 30:34.29.
The Under-14 category was won again by Kristina Spiteri of The Cyclists who did her four laps in 20:37.99. Behind her ended respectively two cyclists of Mosta AF Sign Studio CC, Bettina Falzon (23:59.79) and Valentina Soler (24:12.03).
Matthew Galea Pirotta Mosta AF Sign Studio CC continued to dominate the Boys Under-14 category finishing his four laps for a 10.4 KM distance in 18:14.84. Tristan Aquilina and Luke Joseph Camilleri made it an all Mosta podium finishing in second and third places respectively in 20:26.22 and 20:42.79.
The Boys Under 12 category was won once more by Miguel Galea of Team Greens finishing his one lap for a 2.6 KM distance in 04:44.39. Isaac Bonnici of Agones SFC came second in 05:05.43, while Jonas Micallef of Mosta AF Sign Studio CC was third in 05:26.59.
After the race, medals were distributed to the winners in the various Age Group categories by John Zammit and Joe Bajada, President and General Secretary respectively of the Malta Cycling Federation.
The Malta Cycling Federation would like to thanks, all participants for their participation and all clubs officials, members and general public for their sporting attitude and collaboration. Other thanks go also to the ARRTS Timing System team for their great job done. Thanks also for the Mtarfa Council, Transport Malta, Policemen, Emergency First Response, timekeepers and marshals for their services and cooperation.
The next race is scheduled for Sunday 8 July 2018 and it will be the third and last of the Road Race Championship at Tal-Maqluba, Qrendi - Zurrieq starting at 7.30am.
Overall Results - Elite 1. William Hili - Mosta AF Sign Studio CC 31:44.59
2. Etienne Bonello - Team Greens 31:48.15
3. Alexander Pettett - Pro Action - Volata CT 31:50.35 Ladies 1. Marie Claire Aquilina - Team Greens 34:28.61
2. Michelle Vella Wood - Team Greens 37:36.63
3. Danica Bonello Spiteri - Team Greens 37:46.55 Juniors 1. Isaac Spiteri - The Cyclist 35:49.79
2. Gianluca Camilleri - B'Kara St.Joseph SC 39:45.34 Age Group Categories Masters 40+ 1. Ivan Zammit - B'Kara St.Joseph SC 33:14.20
2. Malcolm Cachia - The Cyclist 33:52.04
3. Kelvin Goodwin - Agones SFC 35:05.14 Masters 50+ 1. Steve Mifsud - Mosta AF Sign Studio CC 34:54.59
2. Joseph Micallef - The Cyclist 38:15.46 Under 16 M 1. Sean Enriquez - Mosta AF Sign Studio CC 28:43.11
2. Mika Zammit - Agones SFC 30:31.05
3. Michael Sean Darmanin Mosta AF Sign Studio CC 30:34.29 Under 14 F 1. Kristina Spiteri - The Cyclist 20:37.99
2. Bettina Falzon - Mosta AF Sign Studio CC 23:59.79
3. Valentina Soler - Mosta AF Sign Studio CC 24:12.03 Under 14 M 1. Matthew Galea Pirotta - Mosta AF Sign Studio CC 18:14.84
2. Tristan Aquilin - Mosta AF Sign Studio CC 20:26.22
3. Luke Joseph Camilleri - Mosta AF Sign Studio CC 20:42.79 Under 12 M 1. Miguel Galea - Team Greens 04:44.39
2. Isaac Bonnici - Agones SFC 05:05.43
3. Jonas Micallef - Mosta AF Sign Studio CC 05:26.59