Want brighter, firmer, younger-looking skin? Get acquainted with the new generation of skincare using vitamin C, says Megan Bedford.
the value of vitamin C in skincare
1. La Mav Vit-C Advanced Nightly Repair Nectar, $65. An organic, natural option where vitamin C works in conjunction with rosehip oil to repair and rejuvenate skin.
2. Clinique Fresh Pressed 7-Day System with Pure Vitamin C, $60. The ideal prep in the lead-up to a big event, this set includes seven single-use sachets of powder cleanser and a vitamin C daily booster (pictured), which uses a unique delivery mechanism to ensure the ingredients remain fresh and potent.
3. La Prairie White Caviar Illuminating Pearl Infusion, $725. The Rolls-Royce of anti-ageing skincare, Swiss brand La Prairie encapsulates the vitamin C in “pearls” to ensure it does not degrade quickly in this serum that targets pigmentation and evens and brightens skin tone.
4. Ultraceuticals Ultra C23+ Firming Concentrate, $159. Packed with ascorbic acid, the most powerful form of vitamin C used in skincare, the nightly cream aims to firm skin and increase resilience.
5. Kiehl’s Powerful-Strength Line-Reducing Concentrate, $128. As the name suggests, smoothing wrinkles, particularly under the eyes and round the mouth, is the focus for this bestseller.
6. The Body Shop Vitamin C Glow Boosting Moisturiser, $68. An everyday moisturiser from the brand’s multi-product vitamin C range, with an easily-tolerated gel texture that perks up tired-looking skin.
7. Murad Rapid Resurfacing Peel, $89 for 16. Don’t be put off by the word peel – these brilliant single-use towelettes give skin a quick, gentle exfoliation using glycolic acid and vitamin C.
8. The Body Shop Vitamin C Glow-Revealing Liquid Peel, $50. Get a deep clean and eliminate surfacelevel dead skin and build-up so other skincare penetrates more effectively.
[ ] Beauty spotlight 2 1 3 8 4 7 5 6