We are now seeking a GIS Analyst to join our Community Infrastructure & Development Group at the Central Hawke’s Bay District Council. Reporting to the Asset Strategy Manager, this role is accountable for a range of GIS Activities including GIS systems support, data management and GIS project work. This is a full-time role (40 hours per week) Monday to Friday.
The key accountabilities of the role include:
• Support with the administration, development and day-to-day maintenance of the Council’s geospatial databases and systems
• Maintaining and updating Council’s GIS information database
• Assist in the development of Council’s GIS internal and external GIS system
• Support in the development of the new module to support Council operations across the organisation on a spatial platform
The ideal candidate will possess:
• Previous experience with Professional MapInfo, Open source (QGIS), or similar GIS mapping software and SQL databases
• Competent in the use of Microsoft Office suite
• A good understanding and working knowledge of raster and vector graphic software applications and internet server based software
To be successful in this role, you will also need to share the Council’s THRIVE values and its commitment to customer excellence and smarter thinking.
For the full details of the above role and to apply, please visit our Careers page on the Council website www.chbdc.govt.nz/our-council/careers/current-vacancies/