BY THE NUMBERS
1942: Prefabricated hall made in South Island and shipped to Titahi Bay for use by American marines.
1943: Last year of use before marines ship out.
1954: Taken over by Makara County Council.
1976: Porirua Little Theatre, which has used the hall since the 1950s, becomes sole lessee.
2010: Recognised as a historic heritage building.
2012: Structural damage discovered in August and building closed.
2013: Consent sought for demolition in April, but suspended in June.
2014: Porirua City Council agrees to get public comment on the hall’s future.
$368,000: Average cost for a modest repair of the building.
$800,000: Top estimate for a complete repair.
$1,030,000: Top estimate for total replacement.