MUSIC & COMEDY
Michael Fowler Centre, Wakefield St. The Big Sing gala concert, June 8 and 9, 7pm, tickets $10-$16 at ticketek.co.nz. Pataka, Parumoana St, Porirua. Kapi-Mana Music Festival, June 3 till 6, final concert and award ceremony, June 6, 7pm. St Andrew’s, The Terrace. Saxophone Orchestra of New Zealand School of Music, June 1, 12.15pm, koha. Schubert at St Andrew’s – and
June 3, 6.30pm, door sales. Schubert at St Andrew’s –
and June 4, 3pm. Diedre Irons and Richard Greager, piano and lieder, June 4, 6.30pm, door sales. Schubert at St Andrew’s –
and June 5, 3pm. Lieder recital, Barbara Paterson, Maaike Christie-Beekman, Jared Holt and Bruce Greenfield, June 5, 6.30pm, door sales. St James Theatre, Courtenay Place. New Zealand Opera presents
till June 4, tickets $45-$190 from ticketek.co.nz. VK’s Comedy & Blues Bar, Dixon St. The Medicine Stand-up Comedy, Wednesdays, 8pm till 10pm, $5-$10 at the door. Michael Fowler Centre, Wakefield St. The Big Sing gala concert, June 8 and 9, 7pm, tickets $10-$16 at ticketek.co.nz. Circa Theatre, Taranaki St.
till June 18, tickets $33-46 from circa.co.nz. Bats Theatre, Kent Tce. until June 4, 6.30pm, tickets $14-$20.
until June 4, 8.30pm, tickets $14-$20.
until June 4, 7pm, tickets $10-$20 from bats.co.nz. Hannah Playhouse, Cambridge Tce. Indian Ink Theatre Company’s
till June 4, tickets $25-$55 at ticketek.co.nz. Michael Fowler Centre, Wakefield St. Shakespeare Globe Centre New Zealand presents Otago University’s SheilahWinn Shakespeare Festival, June 3, 10am till 5.30pm and June 4, 9.30am till 5.30pm, tickets from ticketek.co.nz. Adam Art Gallery, Victoria University, Kelburn Pde.
– group show curated by Stephen Cleland, till Jul 17. Avid Gallery, Victoria St. Contemporary Sculpture and Jewellery in Stone, featuring Brendon Monson, Chris Charteris, Craig McIntosh, Joe Sheehan, Johannes Kuhnen, John Edgar, Justin Reichs, Peter Deckers and Trevor Bryon, until June 7. Bartley + Company Art, Ghuznee St. Contemporary Cameraless Photography – Anne Noble, Joyce Campbell, ShaunWaugh, Anne Ferran and Danica Chappell, until June 11. Bowen Galleries, Ghuznee St. – Clarissa Lim, until June 12. City Gallery, Civic Square.
– Daniel Crooks, Eadweard Muybridge, Harold Edgerton, Steve Car, until Jul 6. Corrections’ Heritage Centre, Mayfair House, The Terrace. Corrections’ involvement in World War I, plus visitors can enter a replica cell and see a display of uniforms through the decades. Long-term exhibit. Dominion Museum, Buckle St.
exhibition. Long-term exhibit. GilberdMarriott Gallery, Courtenay Place.
– Denise and Phillipa Durkin, till June 11. Page Blackie Gallery, Victoria St. 2016 Catalogue Exhibition, until June 17. Peter McLeavey Gallery, Cuba St.
– Matt Hunt, until June 18. Photospace Gallery, Courtenay Place. Gil Eva Craig, till June 11. PotockiPaterson Art Gallery, Dixon St. Profusion – Sam Melser, until June 4. Roar Gallery, cnr of Vivian and Victoria St. – Bill Allan, Luke Sullivan and arts from Morag Stokes’ Workshop, June 2 till Jul 5. Solander Gallery, Willis St.
– five artists on Stewart Island, June 4. Tapu Te Ranga Gallery, The Parade, Island Bay. – group show to launch new gallery space, until June 8. The Kiwi Art House Gallery, Cuba St. – New Zealand landscapes by Graham Moeller, until May 31. TSB Bank Arena, Queens Wharf. New Zealand Art Show, June 3 till 6, tickets $10 from artshow.co.nz. Vincents Gallery, Willis St. Taylor Hack, till June 8. Goat Point, Mana, near the McDonalds. Coastal planting day, June 5, 10.30am. Equipment and plants will be provided and please wear sturdy shoes. Capital E, Queens Wharf. Term-time events, visit capitale.org.nz for details. Discover Dance with Java Dance, Thursdays, 10am, $5 per child. Cara’s Crafts, Wednesdays, 9.30am till 3.30pm, free. Government House, Rugby St, Mt Cook. Free public tours, including exhibition, movie and guided walk through the house, bookings essential phone 382-0837 or visit gg.govt.nz. Karehana Bay, Plimmerton. Plimmerton Kindergarten Midwinter Dip, June 12, 11am. Fundraiser for the kindy with raffles, food and activities. Ngatitoa Domain Hall, Mana. Ngatitoa Badminton Club social badminton runs every Monday night from 7.30pm till 9pm. $7 a night, all welcome. Plimmerton Boating Club, 66 Moana Rd, Plimmerton. Zonta Club Of Mana meets on June 7 from 6pm. Email tricaandJohn@xtra.co.nz for info. Porirua Club, Lodge Pl, Porirua. Rotary Club of Porirua meets every Wednesday from 5.45pm. Next meeting, June 1. Porirua RSA, McKillop St, Porirua. Tai Chi, weekly each Monday, 11am till noon, for all ages and ability. Indoor bowls, weekly each Tuesday, 1pm till 3pm. Seniors Social Club, monthly, first pension Tuesday of the month, 11am till 1pm. Visitors welcome. For information, phone 237 7695. Redwood School, Tawa. Redwood School 50th anniversary, Jul 1 and 2. All past staff, students, school committee and parents welcome, plus members of the community. Information from the school, 232 7704. Te Rito Gardens, Porirua Hospital Grounds. Plant sale, Saturdays 10am till 12.30pm. Trash Palace, Spicer Landfill, Broken Hill Rd Porirua. Public workshops on June 11 and June 25, 11am till 2.30pm. Lunch provided. To register or for information, contact Wendy Barry at Porirua City Council on firstname.lastname@example.org or 027 564 7955. Waitangirua Mall car park, Waitangirua. Lions Club of Titahi Bay’s Porirua Saturday market, 4am till noon. Wellington Chocolate Factory, Eva St. Weekend tours, Saturdays 11am and Sundays 2pm, $15 from eventfinda.co.nz. Wellington Museum, Queens Wharf. Conversations with Curators, till May 20, free. Ship ‘n Chip Tour – Voyage through Wellington Museum’s nautical history, then take a trip to Matiu Somes Island for a fish ‘n chips lunch. Tour runs daily, weekdays 11am till 3.45pm, weekends 11am till 2pm, $49 adults, $37 children. Wrights Hill Fortress, Wrights Hill Rd, Karori. Queen’s Birthday Open Day, June 6, 10am till 4pm, $5-$8 cash only.
THEATRE, FILM & DANCE EXHIBITIONS FAMILY & COMMUNITY SPORT
Premier rugby. Northern United v Tawa, Porirua Park; Paremata Plimmerton v Oriental-Rongotai, Ngatitoa Domain. Both games June 4, 2.45pm. Central League football. Western Suburbs v Palmerston North Marist, Endeavour 1, 2.30pm, June 4. Wellington premier rugby league. Porirua Vikings v Upper Hutt, Porirua Park, 7.30pm, June 3. No games June 4. Kapi Mana premier netball. Norths v Aotea College, 9am; Te Tai Timu 1 v Te Tai Timu 2, 10.30am; Rockz 1 v KBJ 1, noon. All games June 11, Mungavin Court 1.