MUSIC & COMEDY
Porirua Club, Lodge Place. North City Country Music Club, third Sunday of each month, 1pm, $4 for adults, 50c for children. Kapi-Mana Country Music Club, third Saturday of each month, 7pm, $3 entry. VK’s Comedy & Blues Bar, Dixon St, Wellington. The Medicine Standup Comedy, Wednesdays, 8pm till 10pm, $5-$10 at the door. Sacred Heart Cathedral, Hill St, Thorndon. Touches of Sweet Harmony – a choral celebration of the music and friendship of Gustav Holst and Ralph VaughanWilliams, June 17, 7.30pm, tickets $10-$15 at eventfinda.co.nz or at the door.
THEATRE, FILM & DANCE
Circa Theatre, Taranaki St.
until June 18, tickets $33-46 from circa.co.nz. Mana Little Theatre, Plimmerton.
June 15 till 25, 8pm, also June 19, 3pm. For bookings call 021 025 77648 or email, email@example.com Te Whaea: National Dance and Drama Centre, Hutchison Rd, Newtown. directed by John Bolton, June 15 till 22, 7pm, tickets $15-$25 from toiwhakaari.ac.nz. directed by Anna Marbrook, June 15 till 22, 7pm, tickets $15-$25 from toiwhakaari.ac.nz. ToiWahine Gallery, Hartham Place. Wiremu Grace film series, two film screenings, June 16, 6pm till 7.30pm. Adam Art Gallery, Victoria University, Kelburn Pde.
– group show curated by Stephen Cleland, until July 17. City Gallery, Civic Square.
– Francis Upritchard, until Oct 16. – Daniel Crooks, Eadweard Muybridge, Harold Edgerton, Steve Car, until July 6. Corrections’ Heritage Centre, Mayfair House, The Terrace. Corrections’ involvement in World War I, plus visitors can enter a replica cell and see a display of uniforms through the decades. Long-term exhibit. Dominion Museum, Buckle St.
exhibition. Long-term exhibit. Enjoy Public Art Gallery, Cuba St. – Caitlin Devoy, until July 9. Gilberd Marriott Gallery, Courtenay Place.
– Denise and Phillipa Durkin, until June 11. Katherine Mansfield House and Garden, Tinakori Road, Thorndon.
– explore the memories and objects that inspired Katherine Mansfield’s stories, until October. Page Blackie Gallery, Victoria St. 2016 Catalogue Exhibition, until June 17. Pataka, 17 Parumoana St. Panoramic visions by JohnWalsh. Exhibition opening followed by an artist talk. June 19, 2pm till 4.30pm. 16 June till 17 July 2016. 17 June till 17 17 June till 7 August. – JohnWalsh, 19 June till 18 Sep. - Gabby O’Connor, 19 June – 18 Sept. Selling the Dream – Classic New Zealand Tourism Posters, 19 June till 18 Sep. - Richard Reddaway, 19 Jun till 21 Aug. – TS Crew, 19 Jun till 18 Sep. Peter McLeavey Gallery, Cuba St. – July. Matt Hunt, until June 18. Potocki Paterson Art Gallery, Dixon St. – Wallace Crossman, until July 2. Roar Gallery, cnr of Vivian and Victoria St. – Bill Allan, Luke Sullivan and arts from Morag Stokes’ Workshop, till July 5. Solander Gallery, Willis St.
– John McLean, June 8 till July 9. Toi Poneke Gallery, Abel Smith St.
– Nik Hanton, until June 25. ToiWahine Gallery, Hartham Place. , by 27 artists, from June 23. Turnbull Gallery, National Library Building, Molesworth St.
– Experimental Music in Aotearoa, until Aug 19. Vincents Gallery, Willis St. Winter Group Show, June 15 till Jul 13. Capital E, Queens Wharf. Term-time events, visit capitale.org.nz for details. Discover Dance with Java Dance, Thursdays, 10am, $5 per child. Cara’s Crafts, Wednesdays, 9.30am till 3.30pm, free. Clark’s Cafe, Victoria St. Wellington Newcomers Network Coffee and Conversation, June 30, 2.30pm. Cobham Court, Porirua. Matariki Night Market, Maori craft market, June 30, 5.30pm till 8:30pm. Government House, Rugby St, Mt Cook. Free public tours, including exhibition, movie and guided walk through the house, bookings essential phone 382 0837 or visit gg.govt.nz. Karori Cemetery, Old Karori Rd. Cemetery Tour: Murder & Mayhem, 90min easy walk, Saturdays and Sundays, 1.30pm, weekdays by request, karoricemeterytour.com. New themed weekend tour Gum Gully Gambols, 10am and 2pm, $10. Money Saver Building, Hartham Place. Kids Market Exchange, exchange an item of kids clothing with another from the Salvation Army, June 18, 9am till noon. Matariki Story Time, June 11, 10.30am till 11am. Night Noodle Market, Wellington Waterfront, Te Papa Promenade. Locally sourced Asian food vendors, entertainment, June 15 till June 19, 4pm till 9pm weekdays, 1pm till 9pm weekend, free entry, food from $5-$15. Ngatitoa Domain Hall, Mana. Ngatitoa Badminton Club social badminton, Mondays, 7.30pm till 9pm, $7, all welcome. Paremata School Hall, Paremata. An EveningWith NZ Authors, features Bernard Beckett, Kate De Goldi, Anna Smaill and Harry Ricketts, includes supper, June 29, from 7pm, event starts 7.30pm, email firstname.lastname@example.org for ticket orders. Pataka, Parumoana St. Miromoda Runway Fashion Show, entertainment, fashion show and trade stands, June 25, tickets $60, includes pre drinks, contact 237 1511 or email@example.com. Market, beginning June 19 and then third Sunday of each month, 10am till 3pm, for inquiries, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Porirua Club, Lodge Place, Porirua. Rotary Club of Porirua, every Wednesday, 5.45pm. Porirua RSA, McKillop St, Porirua. Tai Chi, weekly each Monday, 11am till noon, for all ages and ability. Indoor bowls, Tuesdays, 1pm till 3pm. Seniors Social Club, monthly, first pension Tuesday of the month, 11am till 1pm. Visitors welcome. For information, phone 237 7695. Redwood School, Tawa. Redwood School 50th anniversary, all past staff, students, school committee and parents welcome, July 1 and 2, for more information 232 7704. St Andrew’s, The Terrace. Christianity in New Zealand: Transforming or Fading – public lecture by Dr Geoff Troughton, senior lecturer in religious studies at Victoria University, June 14, 12.15pm, koha Tawa NewWorld Mall, Tawa. Tawa Rotary Massive Book Fair, thousands of good quality books, CDs and DVDs, June 18, 8am till 6pm, June 19, 9am till 6pm. Te Rito Gardens, Porirua Hospital Grounds. Plant sale, Saturdays, 10am till 12.30pm. Titahi Bay Community Church, Titahi Bay. Titahi Bay Horticultural Society meeting, June 21, 7.30pm, for queries email titahibayhorticulturalsociety@ gmail.com Titahi Bay Intermediate, Kahutea Tce. Celebrate Matariki with A Night in the Garden, lanterns and hot soup, bring a cushion and a blanket, June 16, 6pm till 8pm. ToiWahine Gallery, Hartham Place. Matariki Paint and Vino Art Class, bring your own wine, paint a Matariki picture with Taryn Beri and Sian Montgomery-Nuetze. Matariki painting class, for 8 to 12-year-olds, free. Trash Palace, Spicer Landfill, Broken Hill Rd, Porirua. Public workshop, includes lunch, June 25, 11am till 2.30pm, contact Wendy Barry at Porirua City Council on email@example.com or 027 564 7955. Waitangirua Mall car park, Waitangirua. Lions Club of Titahi Bay’s Porirua Saturday market, 4am till noon. Wellington Chocolate Factory, Eva St. Weekend tours, Saturdays, 11am, Sundays, 2pm, $15 from eventfinda.co.nz. Wellington Museum, Queens Wharf. Ship ‘n’ Chip Tour, voyage through Wellington Museum’s nautical history, then take a trip to Matiu Somes Island for a fish and chip lunch. Tour runs daily, weekdays, 11am till 3.45pm, weekends, 11am till 2pm, $49 adults, $37 children.
EXHIBITIONS FAMILY & COMMUNITY