THEATRE, FILM & DANCE
Havana Bar, Wigan Street. Tawhiri Funk, June 30, 9pm, free. Porirua Club, Lodge Place. North City Country Music Club, third Sunday of each month, 1pm, $4 for adults, 50c for children. Kapi-Mana Country Music Club, third Saturday of each month, 7pm, $3 entry. Swing Band Dance, July 3, 6pm till 8pm. Rogue and Vagabond, Garrett St. Dylan Frater and Georgie Swan, June 30, 9pm, free. Southern Cross, Abel Smith St. Friday Night Get Down with Zacinfact, every Friday, 7pm till 10pm. VK’s Comedy & Blues Bar, Dixon St, Wellington. The Medicine Standup Comedy, Wednesdays, 8pm till 10pm, $5-$10 at the door. Bats Theatre, Kent Tce. Fridays until July 1, 9pm, $15.
June 28 till July 2, 6.30pm till 7.30pm, $20 from box office, bats.co.nz or 04 802 4175. Embassy Of Japan, Level 18, Willis Street. Monthly Movie, based on Soseki Natsume’s 1909 novel, June 28 and 30, 5.45pm, free Gryphon Theatre, Ghuznee St.
June 29 till July 2, and July 7 till 9, 7.30pm, July 3, 3pm, July 5 and 6, 6.30pm, $25 waged, $20
Up-to-date listings for events and shows. Want your event added? Email the details to firstname.lastname@example.org. unwaged, from iticket.co.nz or 0508 484 253. Hannah Playhouse, Cambridge Tce. featuring SCRIBE, June 28 till July 2, 7pm till 8.30pm, tickets from $48-$15 from ticketek.co. Inverlochy Art School, Inverlochy Place. solo show, July 1 till 3, 7.30pm, $20. Nga Taonga Sound & Vision, Taranaki St. Film screenings:
June 29 till July 2, 7pm till 8.30pm, matinee July 2, 4.30pm, $10; June 29 till July 2, $10, ngataonga.org.nz for more information. Porirua Little Theatre, Lydney Place. until July 2. Tickets and times at iticket.co.nzWhitireia Performance Centre, Vivian St,
June 28 till July 2, 7.30pm till 9pm, $20 waged, $14 unwaged from thetheatre.co.nz or 04 237 3602. Adam Art Gallery, Victoria
MUSIC & COMEDY
University, Kelburn Pde.
– group show curated by Stephen Cleland, until July 17. Alfred Memelink Artspace Gallery, The Esplanade, Petone.
- watercolours by Grahame D’Urville Harris, until July 10. City Gallery, Civic Square.
– Francis Upritchard, until Oct 16. – Daniel Crooks, EadweardMuybridge, Harold Edgerton, Steve Car, until July 6. Corrections’ Heritage Centre, Mayfair House, The Terrace. Corrections’ involvement in World War I, plus visitors can enter a replica cell and see a display of uniforms through the decades. Long-term exhibit. Dominion Museum, Buckle St.
exhibition. Long-term exhibit. Enjoy Public Art Gallery, Cuba St.
– Caitlin Devoy, until July 9. Katherine Mansfield House and Garden, Tinakori Road, Thorndon.
– explore the memories and objects that inspired Katherine Mansfield’s stories, until October. Money Saver Building, Hartham Pl. Matariki Maori Craft Market, June 30, 5.30pm till 8.30pm. Page Blackie Gallery, Victoria St.
June 21 till July 15. Pataka, Parumoana St. until July 17.
until July 17. until Aug 7. – JohnWalsh, until Sept 18. – Gabby O’Connor, until Sept 18. Selling the Dream – Classic New Zealand Tourism Posters, until Sept 18. - Richard Reddaway, until Aug 21.
– TS Crew, until Sept 18. Kiribati Independence Day, July 16 Potocki Paterson Art Gallery, Dixon St. – Wallace Crossman, until July 2. Roar Gallery, cnr of Vivian and Victoria St. – Bill Allan, Luke Sullivan and arts from Morag Stokes’ Workshop, until July 5. Solander Gallery, Willis St.
– John McLean, until July 9. Turnbull Gallery, National Library Building, Molesworth St.
– Experimental Music in Aotearoa, until Aug 19. Vincents Gallery, Willis St. Winter Group Show, until July 13.