Callout a hoax
How sad to read that my old school, then Waharoa Primary, had a hoax fire callout on Guy Fawkes night.
Where are we whanau? We were and still are I believe, a community that cares. To put our volunteer fire fighters in this position, is so not on.
When I was a kid with fire crackers in hand, I had my parents beside me. Responsibility as parents is what we should be looking at. If I had matches in my hand, I had to have a real good reason to but I never had that opportunity.
Care for our tamariki. Care for our community. Fireworks are dangerous and should be treated with care and respect.
This call out was ridiculous, thoughtless and might I add, gutless.
Kia ora Kevin Curtis and your wonderful brigade of men and women who help to keep us safe. support with Parkinson’s Awareness Week. The baked goods and sausage sizzle went down a treat.
To all the businesses who gave donations and support, it was much appreciated by Parkinson’s Waikato.
To Matamata-Putaruru Parkinson’s members, thank you so much for your help and your kind donations.
We couldn’t have done it without you all.