The daily quiz
1. Keri Hulme’s The bone people, announced winner of the Booker Prize on this day in 1985, was the first debut novel to claim it — true or false?
2. The Battle of Britain ended on this day in 1940 — who coined the term?
3. Paula Tesoriero, our Disability Rights Commissioner, is an accountant, lawyer, teacher?
4. Mapparium, a three-storey glass globe, is in Boston, Edinburgh, St Petersburg?
5. Which Kiwi wrote the pioneering history A Destiny Apart?
6. The All Blacks were the first team to win back-to-back Rugby World Cups on this day in 2015 beating whom? 7. Where were Mars bars first made? 8. Which jazz legend played on the first recording of Georgia on My Mind — Louis Armstrong, Bix Beiderbecke, Fats Waller? 9. In which country is Samarkand?
10. Simon Legree is a vicious slave owner in which novel?