The daily quiz
1. The Immigration Restriction Amendment Act passed on this day in 1920 effectively barred who?
2. Today in 1967 saw the first publication of which magazine?
3. World War II bomber hero Sir Les Munro was mayor of which New Zealand district?
4. For the second year running the US$1 million ($1.47m) Berggruen Prize has been won by a woman — it’s awarded for what?
5. Q Rd and Ferndale feature where? 6. Garry Kasparov became the youngest chess world champion on this day in 1985 — he was 22, 24 or 26?
7. Daikon is a type of cabbage, radish or tomato? 8. Farewell My Bluebell is a song from
9. Who appeared in versions of The Railway Children as a child and later
10. Superlunary means brilliant, celestial or forbidding?