Tuna Pasta with Pesto & Tomatoes
SERVES 4 PREPARATION & COOKING 25 MINUTES
300g wholemeal spaghetti
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
2 long red chillies, finely chopped
400g cherry truss tomatoes
185g can tuna in springwater, drained, flaked
1 / 3 cup fresh basil leaves
1 lemon, cut into wedges
2 / 3 cup fresh basil leaves
1 / cup parmesan, finely
1½ tablespoons pine nuts
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 / 3 cup water
1. Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling water, following packet directions, until tender.
2. PESTO. Blend or process all the ingredients until smooth (see tip).
3. Reserve ¼ cup of cooking water, then drain pasta.
4. Warm a large nonstick frying pan over medium heat. Add oil, garlic and chilli. Cook, stirring, for 30 seconds until fragrant. Add tomatoes, then cook, stirring, for 2 minutes until blistered.
5. Add pasta to pan with pesto and reserved cooking water. Increase heat to high. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes until sauce is thickened. Stir through tuna and season with pepper.
6. Sprinkle pasta with basil leaves and serve with lemon wedges.