Classics with a twist
Modern takes on favourite desserts
Raspberry & Strawberry Ricotta Cheesecake
SERVES 8 PREPARATION & COOKING 1 HOUR, 30 MINUTES (PLUS CHILLING & COOLING)
200g amaretti biscuits
(see tip) 2 tablespoons caster sugar 75g butter, melted 250g punnet strawberries,
sliced 125g punnet raspberries 2 teaspoons icing sugar RASPBERRY RICOTTA FILLING 500g cream cheese, at room
temperature 300g fresh ricotta 1 cup caster sugar
1 / cup milk 3
3 eggs 125g punnet raspberries
1. Grease a 20cm springform pan. Line base and side with baking paper.
2. Process biscuits and sugar until fine. With the motor operating, gradually add butter until combined. Press mixture over base of pan using the back of a spoon. Place pan on an oven tray and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
3. Preheat oven to 150°C. 4. RASPBERRY RICOTTA FILLING. Process cream cheese, ricotta, sugar and milk until smooth. Add eggs and process until combined. Transfer mixture to a large bowl. Fold in raspberries, then pour filling into pan.
5. Bake cheesecake for 50 minutes until cooked around the edge and slightly wobbly in the middle. Turn oven off. Cool cheesecake in oven for 1 hour with door ajar. (The top of the cheesecake may crack slightly on cooling, but it will be covered with berries before serving.) Refrigerate for at least 4 hours, or overnight, until firm.
6. Just before serving, arrange combined berries on the top of the cheesecake and dust with icing sugar.