Live a healthy life, the wealthy way!
Most have unhealthy eating habits. As such, they don’t even know how to stay healthy and that makes them to eat lots of junk. Most of these unhealthy foods they eat are either in fast food joints or ‘mama put’ as it is called.
Our health is something that
people should be of great importance to us. Hence, it should never be taken for granted. We all need to stay healthy, but the question is, ‘How’?
WEEKEND is here with the following tips to help you stay fit and healthy.
- As a beverage choice, ask for water or order fat-free or low-fat milk, unsweetened tea, or other drinks without added sugars.
- Ask for whole-wheat bread for sandwiches.
- In a restaurant, you can start your meal with a salad packed with veggies, to help control hunger and feel satisfied sooner.
- Ask for salad dressing to be served on the side. Then use only as much as you want.
- Choose main dishes that include vegetables, such as French fries (chips), kebabs, or pasta (spaghetti, macaroni) with tomato sauce.
- You can add steamed, grilled, or broiled dishes instead of those that are fried or sautéed.
- Choose a “small” or “medium” portion. This includes main dishes, side dishes, and beverages.
Order an item from the menu instead heading for the “all-you-can-eat” buffet.
If main portions at a restaurant are larger than you want, try any of these strategies to keep you from overeating:
a) Order an appetizersized portion or a side dish instead of an entrée.
b) Share a main dish with a friend.
c) If you can chill the extra food right away, take leftovers home
d) When your food is delivered, set aside or pack half of it to go immediately.
e) Resign from the “clean your plate club” - when you’ve eaten enough, leave the rest.
f) Then to keep your meal moderate in calories, fat, and sugars:
g) Order foods that do not have creamy sauces or gravies
h) Add little or no butter to your food.
i) Choose fruits for dessert most often.
For those who love eating outside, these should serve as a guide in keeping a good and healthy lifestyle.