Nyanya blast: Six more die in hospital
Six more victims of the Monday bombing in Abuja suburb Nyanya died yesterday at the Wuse General Hospital, raising the death toll from 71 to 77.
The National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA) yesterday said 10 injured persons and 15 dead were taken to the Wuse hospital on Monday.
However, sources at the hospital told Daily Trust that the injured victims at the hospital were over 50, while the dead were 16.
Meanwhile, the Chief Medical Director at the Asokoro General Hospital Dr. Abubakar Ahmadu told news men yesterday that there had been no more recorded deaths in the hospital.
He said three victims were discharged because they had only minor injuries, and the remaining are all in stable conditions.
Dr Ahmadu also said four bodies have been identified but none has been released to their relatives.
He explained that the information desk is still open to attend to concerned relatives searching for their relations, saying that pictures of the victims have been placed on a wall for easy identification.
Dr Ahmadu further said that the hospital authorities have come up with a comprehensive list of the victims brought to the hospital, making easy the task of reconnecting them to their loved ones.