A new contender in the chicken wars
Feast on buffalo wings made sweet and salty
CARAMELIZED PATIS WINGS INGREDIENTS
8 pcs. chicken wings (cut into 2) 1/4 tsp. black ground pepper 1/4 tsp. iodized salt 1 tsp. chicken powder Cooking oil for deep frying
For the sauce
3 1/2 tbsp. palm oil 1/4 cup brown sugar 3 1/2 tbsp. fish sauce 1/2 cup honey 2 tsp. garlic, minced 1 tsp. siling labuyo, chopped
1. Marinate chicken in spices for 2 hours.
2. Fry chicken at 180˚ Celsius for 4 to 5 minutes or until crispy and golden brown.
3. Lift the fry basket and shake off oil. Drain excess oil from the chicken wings using a paper towel then set aside.
4. Heat pan to medium-high heat.
5. Sauté garlic until it’s aromatic. Add brown sugar.
6. Turn off the heat.
7. Add siling labuyo and fish sauce. Mix well.
8. Pour sauce onto fried chicken wings. To coat them equally, toss the wings in the sauce.
9. Arrange chicken wings on a plate and drizzle with excess glaze.