61 TIPPLE TIPS
Out of Hand
Out Of Hand
40ml cocoa butter aged rum 20ml cacao nib Campari 20ml sweet vermouth 2.5ml homemade coffee syrup 2 dashes of homemade coffee bitters orange peel
• Fill a mixing glass with ice and all ingredients except garnish, and stir until chilled. Strain into a chilled glass with a block of ice. • Zest the cocktail with the orange peel from a short distance, so that the heavier, bitter oils will fall before reaching the drink. Don’t rub the rim with the peel. cocoa butter aged rum 125g cocoa butter 700ml aged rum
• Melt cocoa butter in a pan. Pour into sealable jar with aged rum, and leave to freeze in fat wash method. Strain with coffee filters and bottle. Keeps up to 1 month in the fridge.
cocoa nib Campari 300ml Campari 12g cocoa nib
• Gently cook both ingredients together at 60˚C for 1 hour in a water bath, without bringing to a boil. Strain out with coffee filter. coffee bitters
20g whole coffee beans 100ml Angostura bitters
• Vacuum seal and leave to infuse at room temperature for 4 hours. Strain into a bottle for use.
40g whole coffee beans 400ml sugar syrup
• Vacuum seal and leave to infuse at room temperature for 2 hours. Strain into a bottle for use.
A play on the norm Daniel Schofield exudes the same boyish enthusiasm as his older brother, Joe Schofield of Tippling Club, when it comes to every detail of a drink. “Using rum as the base of a negroni instead of gin, with bitter and dry elements that...