Eat, drink and have fun
NOV 10-17 ON SATURDAY
● East London ladies are invited to the Ladies Craft Day taking place at Madison’s Market Café in Stirling from 9am. There they will have an option to either create their own clock or decorate their own Christmas angel, tree and reindeer. Tickets are R370 per person. To book contact Taryn Petzer on 082-442-8621.
● Celebrate the global 6th Worldwide Aquathon Day at the East London beachfront Virgin Active from 9am for three hours of water fun. Donate tinned food at the event. Non-gym members are requested to bring their IDs. For more info email firstname.lastname@example.org.
● Dance the night away at Gonubie Farmer’s Hall starting at 8pm. Entrance is R30 per person and attendees are to bring their own bar. For more details contact Jenny Holland on 083-948-1141.
● Catch the annual Gardens of East London Saturday and on Sunday from 9am to 5pm. Hosted by Pam Golding Properties, various gardens around EL will be on show and the funds raised will go towards supporting more than 15 local charities. Tickets available from Pam Golding Properties office at R50 per person. Children under 12 free.
● Don’t miss musician Ray Dylan at the Guild Theatre from 8pm. Dylan will spoil his fans with all his greatest hits as well as a compilation of country, rock and modern pop. Tickets at R140 from Computicket.
● Join Liesel Bezuidenhout aka Liesel training 101 for this year’s Mission Pawsible at Body Culture Gym from 8am. Tickets are available at Body Culture at
R35 for adults and R25 kids. Funds raised will go towards assisting Furever Fixed Animal Rescue.
● The Oxford Striders Lightning Fast 10km run is happening from Voortrekker road in Wilsonia to Oxford Striders in Nahoon. The race starts at 7am. For more information please contact Helen on 083609-6708.
● Black Coffee will be kicking off his tour in East London at the Buffalo Park Cricket Stadium from 5pm. General access tickets are R150 per person or R500 for VIP access. Tickets are available at Computicket.
● Catch the All Things Fine, Cheese and Wine pop up shop and picnic at Hunters Estate, 3 Lido Avenue, Nahoon Valley. Visit from 4pm to 7pm to enjoy some shopping, cheese and wine on the banks of the Nahoon River.
● Enjoy a Cheese and Wine evening at Stirling High School from 6.30pm. Live entertainment from musician and theatre guru, Kerry Hiles and great wines including Spier and Kleine Zalze will be the order of the evening. Tickets are R150 per person and can be booked atg the school on 043735-1444.
● Visit Vincent Park for a magical movie drive-in experience. Movie parking opens at 6.30pm with the feature film screened at 7.30 pm. Entry is free, but parking is restricted to 200 cars.
● Visit Kim’s Corner in Quigney for the Gardener’s Market from 9am to 1pm. Contact Jerry Leyland on 084075-4064 for more information.
● Catch the Madisons Market at Madisons Cafe in Stirling from 9am. Contact Tarryn Petzer on 082-4428621 for more information.
● Enjoy the Sea Rescue Open day at the East London NSRI base from 10am to 4.30pm. Jumping castle, face painting, food and drinks stalls, and boat rides will be on offer.
● Join the SA Cake Decorator’s Guild for a Christmas Workshop at Vincent Methodist Church Hall from 10am to 4pm. Tickets are R200 per person and includes refreshments and a gingerbread kit. To book please contact Susan Morgan on 072-124-7799.
● Catch Isabel Cosa’s Spring/Summer 2018 fashion show at the Ann Bryant Art Gallery from 4pm. Tickets are R250 for VIP access. General access is R120 including a welcome drink. Contact Gugu Fortuin on 062-413-2624 or Nosipho Nceka on 083-335-9096 to book tickets or for more information.
SWIM TO YOUR HEART’S DELIGHT: East London’s participation in the annual Worldwide Aquathon Day will be at the Virgin Active gym along the Esplanade on Saturday.