Chilli & garlic deboned leg of lamb
Serves 6 PREP TIME: 3 hrs (+ marinating and resting) • 1.5kg deboned leg of lamb For the marinade • 4 large mild red or green
chillies, chopped • 3 cloves garlic • 10g fresh marjoram • 5g fresh rosemary • 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar • 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil • himalayan salt and black
pepper To serve • 50g basil pesto • 30g pomegranate rubies • chargrilled sweet peppers
1. For the marinade: Blitz the chillies, garlic and herbs in a blender, stir in the vinegar and olive oil, and season well.
2. Place the lamb in a dish and spread the marinade over the meat. Allow to stand for 1 hour or overnight in the fridge.
3. Cook the lamb slowly over medium-to-low coals, turning the meat regularly until done to your liking.
4. Cover the meat and let it rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
5. To serve: Drizzle the lamb with pesto, top with pomegranate rubies and serve with chargrilled peppers.