SMOKED TROUT, CARROT AND QUINOA SALAD WITH HARISSA DRESSING
This salad is a great lunch or dinner to have in your repertoire. It’s got everything going for it: spice, acidity, nuttiness, sweetness and smokiness.
• 200g (1 cup) quinoa
• 1 x 400g tin chickpeas, drained and rinsed
• 250g (about 2) carrots, cut into julienne on a mandolin
• 200g hot-smoked trout fillets, skin removed, flaked
• 100g pitted green olives
• 1 onion, thinly sliced
• ½ cup (firmly packed) coriander
• ½ cup (firmly packed) fresh mint
FOR THE HARISSA DRESSING
• 100ml extra-virgin olive oil
• finely grated rind and juice of 1 lemon and 1 lime
• ½ garlic clove, finely grated
• 1½ tsp harissa paste
1. Bring the quinoa and 300ml water to the boil in a small saucepan. Cover with a lid, reduce the heat to low and cook until the water is absorbed and the quinoa cooked (10–12 minutes). Transfer to a large bowl and refrigerate briefly to cool.
2. For the harissa dressing: Whisk the ingredients together in a small bowl and season to taste.
3. Add the remaining ingredients to the quinoa, drizzle with the dressing and toss to combine. Season to taste and serve.