TOP 5 TRENDS FOR JULY
● Indoor plants for healthier homes – ferns (eg Asplenium nidus), ‘peace lilies’ (spathiphyllum), ficus species, bamboo and sanseveria have been proven to improve air quality. Add ‘green’ purifiers to all the rooms in your home. Plants absorb air particles and carbon dioxide. These particles and carbon dioxide are then converted to oxygen and released by the plants through photosynthesis.
● Spathiphyllum and Monstera deliciosa feature hugely in the botanicals trend – popular for reception and living room areas.
● Choose a flowering pot plant instead of cut flowers for guest rooms and girls’ bedrooms (also long-lasting decor). Winter favourites include cyclamen and azaleas. In summer, some options include calla lilies, anthuriums and begonias.
● Large palms and specimen plants replace the need for unnecessary furniture and clutter.
● Potted herbs are ideal for kitchen windowsills.