Brickz sentencing is delayed again
New lawyer wants time to study court transcripts
Charles Sipho Ndlovu‚ popularly known as Brickz, will wait another two weeks for sentencing proceedings.
The Sweety My Baby hit maker changed his legal representative after he was found guilty of raping a 16-year-old girl at his Ruimsig home in 2013.
His lawyer‚ Advocate Piet du Plessis, told the Roodepoort Magistrate’s Court that he needed to go through the court transcripts after receiving them today.
Ndlovu’s previous lawyer withdrew from the case after the convicted kwaito star was found guilty.
Ndlovu explained that the postponement was for the completion of sentence procedure‚ for an application for leave to appeal the conviction‚ and an application for bail pending the appeal.
Magistrate John Baloyi postponed the matter to September 28.
Ndlovu spent a month in jail before being released on R50 000 bail.
His bail was revoked in August as the court believed it would not be in the interest of justice to release him on bail‚ pending his sentencing.
Earlier on Thursday, Ndlovu’s wife said she was emotionally distressed.
Nqobile Ndlovu said the entire situation “weighed her down”.
“Brickz is my husband‚ we have been together for a long time and he is the father of my kids‚” she said.
Nqobile said she felt torn and stuck in the middle of everything.
“I’m caught up in the middle. I’m a daughter in law in the family and on the other hand I have to support the victim who is also a relative‚” she added. – Additional reporting by Karishma Thakurdin and Nonhlanhla Msibi.
Rape convict Sipho ‘Brickz’ Ndlovu will wait two more weeks for his sentencing.