Did you know that your social media pages represent your personal brand? Now start working at attracting new employers.
Social media is changing the way business works. Increasingly, companies look to social media trends to help them recruit new talent, so it’s essential to cultivate a great personal brand. Career coach Ashleyanne Spencer-Smith gives tips on how to build your online profile.
1. Identify your values: What are the things you stand for, no matter what? What are your pet peeves – the things that irritate you if they aren’t done right? Answer these questions to help you pinpoint what you value.
2. Promote your strengths: What is it that you do better than others? Are you a fast learner, or can you recall information at the drop of a hat? Put these points out there on your social media pages, so potential employers can have a better understanding of what you have to offer.
3. Ask for feedback: Approach friends, family and employers for feedback on your character and performance. They’ll give you information to help you know where you excel and where to improve.
4. Research companies: Your next employer is on your finger tips. So now start researching about them and what it is that they’re looking for in a candidate. See if the company culture and their values are in line with yours.
“DEAR OPTIMIST, PESSIMIST, AND REALIST – WHILE YOU GUYS WERE BUSY ARGUING ABOUT THE GLASS OF WINE, I DRANK IT! SINCERELY, THE OPPORTUNIST!”
– Lori Greiner, inventor, QVC host and Shark Tank investor